Monday, September 12, 2005

Captivating

On the recommendation of several bloggers and others I purchased John & Stasi Eldredge’s book “Captivating.” I read the first chapter this weekend (no! I have not finished The Divine Conspiracy, but I only like two chapters so I will finish by the end of the year!) The first chapter talked of how we as women need to feel that we are attractive and wanted.

This new knowledge that feeling special is part of a woman’s make-up and who God made us to be compelled me to share the following with you….

Friday, I had a repeat customer come to see me. He told me that he had told his wife that he thought I was gorgeous! Gorgeous? Not cute, not pretty but Gorgeous!! Well even though I knew this guy admired me (you guys are SO transparent sometimes), I was flattered by his comments. I guess his telling me that he had told his wife first made it casual banter??

Then at the football game Friday night someone asked Derek if I was his wife! He said "NO (probably humiliated) that is my Mom"! The lady then said I looked young enough to be his wife!! Oh yeah! I liked the compliments. On an otherwise dark day it did provide a big old smile!

So make someone’s day today. Pay them a sincere compliment. It is more of a service than you can ever imagine.

Comments:
Donna,
I thought you looked like a cartoon tennis player???!!!

But you are Captivating, I know our father thinks so.
 
I took Hadlee to our old church for a game day w/ the retirees. She was soooo admired. I can't tell you how many times I heard about how beautiful she is... and then, "Ya know, she really favors you." Yep, a good sroke for the ego, esp. w/ a large lack of sleep and very little makeup!
 
Donna, I really enjoyed Captivating! (It's been several months since I read it, I probably need to re-read it sometime soon.)

It was refreshing to read that it's okay to want compliments, to feel wanted and appreciated as a woman. I'm not neurotic or needy--it's how God created me (all of us women) to be!

So glad to hear how God blessed you with so many compliments lately. He truly knows how to speak to a woman's heart.
 
I think I will reverse it and shower perma honeee with some compliments!
Thanks for the suggestion!

JB
 
Well, I think you look very babe-ly in your black cruise dress next to blonde Terri (that was for Tommy's benefit, since he thinks you look like a cartoon tennis player) ... and I think your fella is one lucky guy!
 
I am really interested to know what other women think of Captivating. My best friend is raving about it so I bought it but can't get into it....please let me know what you think as you read more....
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?