Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Roll With it Baby!

There are many things in my life that I used to not like that I now love; Green beans are a good example. As a child if you wanted me to eat green beans, you would have to force feed me. As an adult I could eat a plate full and still want more. There are many other things in my life that are like that and I am not sure if it is so much a maturing thing as a changing thing. You see I like change. Generally I prefer change to come at my request and at the pace I want it to come at, but seldom does it happen that way.

God gives us a Spirit of boldness. He expects us to use this empowerment to embrace and thrive on the changes he brings to our lives. I used to think we were on the earth for a long time, however the further I get from the half-way point of the promised life span, the shorter the whole time becomes. Why should I not embrace each new change and each new opportunity? The time to “boldly go where no man has gone before” is growing short for me. Time is going to pass and changes are going to occur. It is up to me how I use that time and how I embrace that change. I know that what we do while on this earth does not matter that much in the grand scheme of things. What we do with Jesus and where he takes us after this life is the main thing. But, this life is all I can wrap my weak little mind around; so why not live it to the full? Why not try new things and go new places? Things will change. Some change will be good; some will be bad and hard to accept. Some will be good and hard to accept. But there is no point in going around wishing things would stay the same or crying, “woe is me” when unexpected change lands in our laps.

Today give thanks for the changes that life has brought you to and through. Praise God for all the wonderful things he lets you experience and all of the trials through which he has carried you. Pray for strength to handle the changes that are on the road ahead: And pray for the wisdom to use those changes to glorify our Father.

Comments:
Donna,

What encouraging words!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?