Thursday, September 01, 2005

Sharing & Reminding

A new month….already! A good friend told me recently that time flies whether you are having fun or not, so I guess you might as well be having fun. Yesterday although it was in the high 80’s around here you could feel just a little nip in the air, just the hint of the change of season. I don’t know why that puts me in such a good mood. I guess the hope that knowing God is still in control and the seasons will continue. **Our power came back on around noon yesterday**

Life will never be the same for many, many people. I can’t change that, you can’t change that, they can’t change that and even God won't change that. A new beginning; somehow it sounds much better than the reality of it can possibly be. I know that everyone wants to help and there are many ways to do that. I just want to share that I have chosen to help through the White’s Ferry Road Church of Christ Relief Ministries. They are located in Louisiana and have the ability to accept your donations on line. I have given to the Church of Christ Disaster Relief Effort in the past, but you cannot give on line and I just felt that the group that was working out of Louisiana might have more access to the folks who need help first. I want to be able to do more than giving money, but for now that seems to be the logical thing to do. The access to these areas are limited and an organization who can meet the needs of the many, rather than just the needs of the few can use money to acquire what is needed the most.

Let us not forget to be in constant prayer for these folks. There is talk of how they will need to have a meal for Thanksgiving….already. The recovery is going to be long. It will be easy to forget about these folks as we get on with our own lives. Let’s help each other remember and remind each other to pray….daily.

Comments:
Glad your power is back on! And thanks for your encouraging words.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?