Thursday, September 29, 2005

Stresses Revealed

Last week I told you about a stressful day filled with emotional highs and lows. I think I am ready to tell you about it.

I told you about my daughter’s pregnancy and the scare that it my be a tubal pregnancy. I told of you of the great relief that we felt when we saw the baby right where it was supposed to be. What I haven’t told you is that on the day of Scotty’s funeral as we left the cemetary, my phone rang. Diana wanted to know if we could go with her to the emergency room. She had started bleeding and was scared to death. Of course David and I left immediately to take her to Birmingham. By the time we got to her house her husband was home, so we all went together. Brookwood Medical Center may be a wonderful place to go for a lot of things but their emergency room is lacking. After 4 ½ hours in this place we found out that everything was OK, but we had TWO babies! Diana went back to the Doctor the next day where they confirmed that there were two babies and two heartbeats. Everything else was great. She did have quite a bit of implantation bleeding so she was not to be too concerned if she bled some more. As long as it was not a lot and as long as she was not cramping. This all happened the week of the 12th.

Last Monday Diana was suffering from irregulatiry (I promise I am not going to talk about THAT!) She was having cramps but was sure it was all from this problem. We went to lunch and I ran in a drug store to get her some things that might bring her relief. She did not feel like getting out of the car. When I returned to the car she said “Mom, I am bleeding, BAD!”. We immediately headed to the Emergency Room at CRMC. (Cullman Regional Medical Center). We were handled immediately and professionally at this place. Diana and I were both scared and both fighting back tears. We had settled down a little when David arrived and she got upset and started crying again. Well, this lab-tech from Hell came to take some blood. Obviously she was trained in the Chinese Torture school because she was hurting my baby. There was blood spurting all over the place and she just kept saying “oh, does that hurt?” In my mind I was jumping over the bed and knocking her out, in reality I just glared at her. Have I mentioned that I have some phychosematic aversion to blood? I don’t know what it is or how to control it but my body just wants to shut down when the red stuff makes an appearance. At this point my anger was able to stem the ususal repsonse.

Well, the sonagrapher finally came and got us. I went back with Diana and we nervously awaited what we would see. My delayed reaction to the blood was jumping on me. I was suddenly sweating like it was 110° in that room. I was going to fight this off though, this IS NOT about me. Well, the technician said “they told you there was two babies?” Diana and I both thought she meant we had lost one, the sick feeling was getting worse. But then her next words were “How about THREE!” ……..THREE! We saw and heard all of the heartbeats. How cool!
But then I couldn’t fight it anymore, I looked around and found a chair and said, I am going to have to sit down. Diana said I was as white as a ghost. Man I hate being weak! But we are going to have THREE babies.

Diana went for her last visit to the fertility Doctors yesterday. They told her at this point she had less than a 10% chance of losing the babies. She will meet with her OB next week. Of course we are not out of the woods, it is going to be a stressful 6 ½ or 7 months, but I felt I had to put all of this down before I forgot everything that had went on. We are now trying to deal with the reality of three car seats, three cribs, etc., etc.,

Please as you rejoice with us keep us in your prayers……THREE!!

Comments:
OH MY GOODNESS! WOW! I have a few tears and I 'm not sure why! I am overwhelmed for you and Diana and overjoyed also! I have a friend in Dallas who had triplets and another friend in South Carolina. Congratulations and know I will being sending many prayers towards heaven for this blessed event to happen with out any further complications! I think I am in shock for you!
 
Oh wow! What news! Blessings on all of you.
 
Oh Donna! God is so good! Three!?! I read your post and was fearing the outcome - but hooray! I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes from relief AND joy!

BLUGS!!!
 
My Bible study this morning was about Jacob and Esau--and I started thinking about my own pregnancy--then I clicked over here and read about TRIPLETS!!! I am so excited for you. I know it's not all about you--but I do believe God knew what He was doing any many levels--because I know you will be a great triplet Grandmother!!! You will be busy, however, so I am trying to decide, will you cut back on tennis or blogging?

I have already added you all to my prayer list! Better get that camera tuned and ready to go! Is she due towards the first of April??

JB
 
Wow - times 3!!!

Blessings to you & your family! I'll be praying for health & an easy pregnancy the rest of the way!
 
Wow! What a story and an emotional rollercoaster. I will definitely keep you in my prayers.
 
My first words when reading this were exactly what SG typed...OH MY GOODNESS!! I'm so sorry for the rollercoaster you had to ride to find out this news, but how exciting. Will definitely keep praying for you all!!
 
Let me add my 'Wow!' to the rest of them. I will definitely rejoice and pray!
 
Glad the cat's out! Hope you all feel the extra prayers.

I just spoke to JD and he sings praises of your sweetness. They are desperate for help, so if there are any at your church that can go, cook, hand out food, put up sheetrock, do electrical repairs, roof, sort clothes.... then encourage them to go to Pascagoula.
 
Lord have MERCY!!! I can hardly type ~ THREE??? For real? I must say it, HOLY CRAP!!!

Prayers, prayers and many more prayers...

Seriously, 3???
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?