Thursday, September 08, 2005

Valley Low

I read a Heartlight Devotional the other day about how other tragedies continue in peoples lives even while so many are suffering from one great tragedy. For a few days the world stood still and watched with amazement as loss, devastation and chaos erupted in the lives of so many. Those affected may have been blessed by not having power to see the broad scope of the damage.

Evil and pain do not quit just because they have scored a big victory. Today my son got the news that his best friend Scotty had been murdered in his home last night. He had just seen him yesterday! He and Derek are so close that we considered him part of the family. He even came to Matthew’s birthday party. Ya’ll this is Cullman Alabama. People don’t get murdered here unless they are crack-heads or some love triangle gone awry! I just can't believe this has happened.

My son is devastated. He doesn’t know what to do. He doesn’t know how to cope. I know that he will turn it over to God, but I am afraid he is going to need help. I don’t know how to help him. I loved his friend too. He was hard working, generous, and he totally got my sense of humor! I really can’t believe this! Someone just walked into his house and shot him in the head! How can that be??

Perhaps Jesus asked the same questions when brought news of his friend John’s death. He and he alone can help us through…..


Because God's children are human beings-made of flesh and blood-Jesus also became flesh and blood by being born in human form. ... Since he himself has gone through suffering and temptation, he is able to help us when we are being tempted. ... So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it. (Hebrews 2:14-18; Hebrews 4:16 NLT)

Please keep us in your prayers.

Comments:
I'm so, so sorry. Will definitely keep you, your son and everyone hurt by this in my prayers.
 
I'm so sorry... I hope everyone finds comfort soon.
 
Wow. What's even worse (if at all possible) is that Scotty was trying to help this person. I don't get it either, but I'll be praying for yours and his families.
 
OH I am so sorry for your loss and the pain and greif your son is going through. That is so very very tragic! I will keep Derek in my thoughts and prayers!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?