Monday, September 19, 2005

Weekend Report

We had a wonderful weekend in Dothan, Alabama. Despite 105° heat index on the courts, tennis was a lot of fun. We also had some good times and good food, off the courts. It is just as much fun to watch Alabama win against Steve Spurrier in a substandard Best Western Motel room as it is at home…..ROLL TIDE!! I was glad David was with me, it made the trip much more enjoyable.

Cell phones with free long distance makes keeping in touch with my kids easy. I did have one panicked call from Diana that scared me, but it was just that there was a mouse in her kitchen!! Text messaging keeps me in touch with friends who just want to hang out on my boat dock. Sometimes we take technology for granted, but sometimes it is such a cool thing to have. I did refuse to take my lap top with me. I may not ever catch up on everyone’s blog…I may just have to fast forward. Don’t think I am neglecting you if you don’t get comments from me for a while. There were 67 new entries on my bloglines! Do you people only write when I am out of town??!! I was only gone three days!

I did learn some things on this trip.
  1. There is a lot of really pretty farm land between Montgomery and Dothan.
  2. The Westgate Church of Christ in Dothan is heading up the hurricane relief efforts in that city.
  3. Do NOT go onto the tennis courts without a snack. Your match may just last three hours.
  4. The tennis player’s party is not an open bar! They expected me to give them money!
  5. Dothan and the surrounding areas have more bugs per capita than they do grass! There was 7,563 bugs on my grill and windshield when I arrived home.
  6. Same bugs are not real tasty, but do enjoy flying into your mouth while you are on the tennis courts. (they are kind of crunchy)
  7. All malls look pretty much the same.
  8. There is one guy on every tennis team across the state that looks just like a guy on another team.
  9. Do not stop by the office on Sunday Evening after a trip for ANYTHING! You will start trying to find ways to NEVER go back to work!
  10. There was nothing more beautiful on the whole trip than the full moon in my front yard (Smith Lake) last night. What a Peaceful, Easy Feeling!!

Hope everyone else had a wonderful weekend. Hey Zoe will be here before we know it!!


Comments:
Sounds like a great weekend!!
 
Maybe I should take up tennis. You sound very relaxed.
 
The same bugs were found on my car Friday going to B-ham and back.
 
Sounds like you had a lot of fun.

I wanted to go to Zoe so bad, but it just won't work for me. We have quite a few of our members and ministers are attending. I'm jealous!
 
Glad you had a fun weekend.

I can hardly wait for Zoe!!

JB
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?