Saturday, October 08, 2005

All the Children of the World

(Blog-world that is)

Today I met some more people from blog-land

Beaner
Dwight
Fajita
Jenni
Jetty-Betty

I hope I am not forgetting anyone.

Terri and I went to lunch with Jenni and Mae. We had a wonderful time getting to know each other better. This evening we had dinner with the same group plus Jetty Betty! All of you who are jealous....We wish you would have been here too!

I was overwhelmed with an early Christmas present from Chris! I don't know her e-mail address or her snail-mail address (that's for you Mae) to properly thank her. So THANK YOU Chris! I will never forget my 1st Christmas gift of 2005, or your sweetness in sending it to me.

Today Jeff Walling did an absolutely wonderful portrayal of Matthew. You could actually sense some of what he must have gone through in answering the call of our Lord. (Did anyone else think his Jewish accent sounded like Billy Crystal's???)

One on the greatest lessons was that the Messiah came for those of us who were a Mess! And we must take that Mess in order to deliver the Message. I loved that.

The focus of the evening started by Mike Cope was ministering from where we are. We each were commissioned to take our lives and spend it ministering to those we affect daily. How great to be "commissioned". We ended up with some testimony from servants who had allowed God to make changes in there lives. Then there were two reports from pioneers who went out on a personal mission today. What a blessing these testimonies were.

Today we sang many old favorites as well as many of the new songs. I guess the singing of "The Greatest Commands" may have been the most moving. Can you imagine thousands of beautiful voices singing this song in harmony? It was spine tingling!!

Yeah, I am on the mountain top right now! It has been great!

Comments:
I had such a great time meeting you this weekend! It is really wonderful to have faces to go with all these names!!
 
You may have met me, too! I don't have the short-short hair anymore, I had the perky flippy-out hair. I met so many bloggers at breakfast that day. Haven't blogged the conference yet, still processing it all!
 
Glad you liked it, Donna! It was fun making it! Even though I REALLY tried my best to mess it up! Ugh!
 
I am such a dufus, I met like no one from blog world. Sorry I didn't catch up with you or anyone else. Susan and I had some issues with Hayden in the Zoe kids thing so we were a bit distracted. Anyway, maybe next year I'll see more folks - course I probably saw you and others and had no idea.
Walling - definitley Crystal-esque.
 
Thank you Chris for the Billy Crystal affirmation, I was beginning to think I was the only one!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?