Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Baby Update

Yesterday was my daughter's first visit with her OB. The babies are now all measuring within a couple of days of each other. Did you know that at 81/2 weeks the babies are wiggling? It is so cool! You can't see a lot of definition at this point but the form in there, the heart beat is amazing and now they are wiggling....It is amazing to share in this high tech view of one of God's miracles. I know that the risk, cost, and pretty much everything will increase greatly by the fact of triplets, but the special treatment, sonogram on every visit (which is every two weeks till the 20th week) and just having the Doctors and Nurses know who you are makes you feel very special and like they are taking extra special care of you. Of course I will have to remind her that when the babies come, no one will ever SEE her again. That is true whether there is one baby or three (You Mom's want to shout an AMEN) Not that it is a bad thing, you want people to ooh and ahh over your precious baby(ies).

Then there was the bonus. I have dreamed about this scenario my whole life, it has NEVER happened to me and I am pretty sure it never will. They want her to gain between 45 and 50 lbs. What? You mean eat all the time, whatever I want??? OK, I don't really envy her, I don't really want to swap places, but you gotta admit, that would be kind of cool!!

Folks this is going to be an amazing journey. I am so honored to be able to enjoy it with her. Although sometimes I still shake my head and say THREE!!??

Comments:
Still shaking my head for you!!! THREE!!! What an adventure!
 
Wow! That was one of the best things about being pregnant - and unfortunately, one of the things that carried over! When is the actual "expiration date" on calling it "baby fat"? I suppose 9 years is too long, huh? Shoot!
 
Good things always come in Three!

Congratulations and tell your daughter to please have a milkshake for me.
 
When I was pregnant with my daughter (about 8 yrs ago) there was an older woman at church (in her 80's) and every ( I mean EVERY) Sunday she would take my face in her hands. She would look me dead in the eye and tell me how beautiful I looked, then she would pat my cheek and say "but after the baby comes you are going to be so ugly," I don't think I was ugly after she came but I was definitely overlooked as you pointed out! Oh well, better to laugh about these things than to cry! Congrats on the three grandbabies, I will keep them in my prayers. Blessings!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?