Thursday, October 27, 2005

Bookin'

I think I am slipping back into a bad habit....collecting books. Perhaps reading season is really just beginning. I have been so busy playing tennis this summer that I have neglected reading.

I have fueled part of my hunger for new material by buying books on cd. It allows me to utilize the time that I was wasting in the car (mostly listening to NASCAR radio.) But I have been apprised of an even more appealing way to do that. I often resist new technology until I can no longer resist.... But, when I realized that I could download books onto a MP3 player, I want one. If anybody out there knows someone who might be looking for that "perfect" birthday present for me....this is it.

In the meantime, I think I will shut this computer off and read some of those books on my shelf!!! (Did I mention I got two orders in from Amazon this week, AND I bought a book at Wal Mart. I think I have a reading problem!)

Comments:
I am a reader, too. I have a houseful of books, but don't buy new ones too often. I try to get them from the library if I can. My big problem is that once I start reading a book, everything else comes to a halt. I find it almost impossible to stop reading!
 
I've been going through C.S. Lewis' Narnia series since I never read them as a kid. I wanted to at least get The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe under my belt before the film comes out this December.

Donna, I see you're from Alabama. I think the greatest American novel of all time is set in your fair state — Harper Lee's To Kill a Mockingbird.

Happy reading!
 
Nascar Radio, you must have XM. Are you going to switch to Sirius when Nascar Radio goes to them. I'm not, I'm rebelling. It might kill me though.
 
Yes Tommy I have XM radio. I was so upset when they announced it was moving to Sirius in '07. I may as well cut off my XM when they leave though. I listen to The FISH (32) at the office, but 144 is it in the car. I wonder if Claire B. will go with Sirius???
 
so, when is the big day??

I don't read nearly as much as I used to, although I do really love it.
 
Shame-less seeking presents. I wish I had thought of it.

Smile God watching...

BT
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?