Monday, October 24, 2005

Fell into a Fall Funk

Do you ever slip into an unidentifiable funk? I just feel so distant from God and other people sometimes. I can’t explain what is driving the feeling, nor can I put my finger on when it starts. It just suddenly is there and I can’t find a way to get out of it. It doesn’t really make sense right now. I should still be on a spiritual high from the Zoë Conference. Yet, I am struggling to feel close, to feel connected. I know that I am not unhappy; I know that I am not bored. There are so many things going on in my life, I may get stressed trying to keep up with it all, but that is the way I like it, right? It is almost like I am waiting on the next “new” thing. It seems like I might be in anticipation of something…something that doesn’t ever seem to happen.

A couple of friends said I didn’t seem myself at church yesterday. What? I don’t know what they meant, was I not the same as I always am? I must be more transparent than I thought I was. But honestly, I can’t put my finger on a change in the way I act or they way I feel other than to say I feel disconnected. I just wonder if this is a common thing. Does it happen to everyone?

I started typing this morning thinking this would be a private entry. I was just trying to identify the way I was feeling. But then I wondered if maybe it would help someone else if they ever felt the same….

Comments:
I get these funk-attacks every year about this time! I think it has something to do with the weather...LOL!

Thanks for putting this out there!
 
The funk. You know maybe it is the roller coaster of emotion from the last few months that has you in protective at-a-distance mode with the death of your sons friend, the thrill, worry and sheer overwhelmingness of the triplets on the way and all. Sometimes I automatically put some distance between me and my feelings in order to survive and function day to day. The problem is I can not pick and choose the emotions and feelings I distance myself from, it's all or nothing. So in these survival times, I feel a bit disconnected from everything. Does that make sense? Maybe you have a touch of that. For me it's an automatic survival mode that passes when the roller coaster evens out and I can feel and function at the same time. Hope if that is what it is for you, it passes soon. But in the meantime, I wouldn't try to shake it off before it's time. You are an incredible lady! AND God is as close to you as he has always been whether or not you feel him. (Hope this doesn't sound too preachy!)
 
I had a funk a few days last week, and I was pretty hard on myself because I didn't want to Zoe high to wear off for at least 6 months.

I am guessing it will pass soon--like SG said--your life has been a roller coaster of emotion lately!
 
I get in those funks in the fall. I started my blog in the fall and that's why it's called laments.
 
Funkin' with you... it's the change of the seasons.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?