Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Hungry

Do you ever get hungry and just don’t know what you want to eat? Sometimes you know exactly what you want, but others (and it seems for me the hungrier I am the more I feel this) I don’t know what I want, I just want something good! I have also noticed that if I start eating junk it takes more and more junk to satisfy me. Also when I give in and start eating junk I crave it, whereas if I never start eating it, I have no problem walking away from it. But isn’t it wonderful when you are hungry and you sit down to an absolutely wonderful meal? Wow! My mouth is watering.

My soul is hungry. I don’t know what I want; I don’t know what will fill me up, what will satisfy me. Being busy “doing” things is somewhat like junk food. Don’t misunderstand, I think we must be about service, but sometimes I just crave being busy. I feel like I am satisfying my hunger if I stay busy; and yet, the hunger remains.

Someone (Beaner, I think) asked what we expect from the Zoë Conference. I expect to be filled. I expect that the wonderful feast will come in ways that I can’t even anticipate. I am not going to the conference empty, I have been so blessed and I truly do count those blessings, but I do come hungry. I can’t wait to be filled up!

Comments:
Donna, look up my friend who will be there from Searcy for the Zoe thingy....Craig Jones. I hope your hunger is filled at Zoe!

ROLL TIDE! :)

DU
 
Not only can our hunger be filled by the Lord, but Baja Burrito is also calling!!!
 
Yeah, ambiguous hunger, I get that a lot. Something sweet? No, maybe tangy? No, that's not quite it. Something more rich, but not salty - ahhhhhhhhh dark chocolate.

I want a dark chocolate Zoe Conference.
 
I am going to mis Zoe. Asked to lead another coast trip this weekend and my co-teacher for our college class just had surgery for colon cancer... so too many obligations. May see JD this weekend. Sent him some stuff/ money /people last weekend. We are scouting/ lining up work for our college fall break when we are sending a group of students. So I hope you have a feast. I look forward to hearing about it. Tell me all about the blogger meeting. I was looking forward more to meeting everyone than the rest.
 
Last year, I was on a search about my ministry (purpose, whatever) and I hoped to find the answer at Zoe. I did within a couple of hours - it was so cool and it was already something I was doing, I just didn't realize it at the time. Sorry I'm going to miss the bloggers meeting there this year.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?