Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Lets Hang on to what we got

Tomorrow my dad is having a cardiac catheterization procedure . Please keep us in your prayers. He had a stint put in several years ago. His doctor is afraid that has quit working properly or that there is blockage elsewhere. Heart disease has taken all the men of his family. My mom makes sure that he eats healthy and takes care of himself, but it is scary business when it is hereditary.

I was trying to remember exactly what year Dad had his first heart attack and we spent so much time at Huntsville hospital. I can’t really remember what year it was. I do remember special friends who came to sit with me during this time. It is amazing how time seems to slip so quickly through your fingers.

I was talking with an old friend today. We worked together when we were in our early 20’s. We were talking about how young and naïve we were at the time, even though then we were pretty sure that we knew everything. There are a lot of people that have shouldered a load with me at different times in my life.

People come and go so quickly in our lives. I am sure there are many people that I need to tell how much they have meant to me. There are relationships that I have neglected and others that have just sort of gone away. So I would just like to say whether I have known you a long time or a short time I appreciate you. Whether or not I have actually met you in person, the fact that you come visit me truly means a lot to me. If you read this and wonder if I am talking to you, yes I am. I love and appreciate you. I don’t appreciate you enough. I am selfish like that. But I do love the fact that you are sharing some of this journey with me. I am motivated and encouraged because you take the time to see if I have anything to say.

So I just want to say thank you.

Comments:
Your dad and family are in my prayers--now!

Your loving ways reach through my computer screen to inspire and encourage me daily--I am so thankful that God gives us friends!
 
Praying for you and your folks, Donna! Here...lemme take some of that off yer shoulders...

Blugs!
 
I will pray for your dad. I lost my dad to a heart attack when I was 10, he was 43. Love him lots, while you can!

I am still naïve. I believe people will do the right thing. I trust people. I get hurt at times but I prefer to live this way.

In the end it is all about relationships--with God and others. Sounds like you have it figured out.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?