Thursday, October 06, 2005

Nobody Likes Me, Everybody Hates Me

I'm gonna eat a worm.

Don’t you hate the feeling of not being wanted or needed? Does it bother you when people think they are much better than you (even if you know it’s true), and take the effort to point it out to you? Then don’t you hate that you let it bother you? Or is it just me?

Part of our lesson last night was on negative self-talk. (Actually, I think different folks took different things from this same lesson, Terri thought it was on relationships..) Anyway I realize I have a problem with this. I get really down on myself when I mess up or when someone is critical of me. I had written the paragraph above on Tuesday of this week. I really didn't think I would post it, but it is a very real problem for me. I wonder if anyone else falls into this trap. How do you pull yourself out of it? I usually can go on and not think about it, but certain people or certain topics will trigger the same "sick in the pit of my stomach" feeling. Do you struggle with this? If not, how do you combat it?

Comments:
That is deception. There is a glory and weightiness to your life because of you are in the image of God. Religious spirit creates this "false" humility that we are not good/ worthy/ needed. It is just not true. Let the Glory of God that is in you shine and people will just have to deal with it.
 
It bothers me too, but it's all deception or perception. Can't give you an antedote aside from the obvious.
 
Satan is the only one who wants to slander us. The next time he reminds you of your past, remind him of his future. When he points out your failures, point out who loves you. When he laughs at you, let God take care of him. Satan is a cosmic bully and we've got the biggest big brother in the universe!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?