Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Three- Circus

Yesterday was a day of first for me. It is funny, when I was in my 20’s and younger I thought by the time you got to be my age you would have done everything there was to do and you would just be sitting around waiting to die. Perspective changes…

Diana had a Dr.’s appointment. We went to the new Kirkland Clinic on Acton Road. Well the difference in this and the one downtown is phenomenal. We chose to go downtown last time because it is closer for us. They kind of insisted we try the other location, now I know why. The downtown office while functional has the feeling of a clinic, a health department type of atmosphere. This new, state of the art clinic was modern, comfortable and best of all was run where there was NO WAITING!! I did not even have time to finish the article about Brad and Angelina before we were ready for the sonogram.

Today was the first time they could get all three babies in one shot. That is so cool. They printed a picture for Diana, if she brings it I will see how it scans. We are 10 ½ weeks now. It just keeps getting more and more exciting. She confessed to me yesterday that the reality of being pregnant has not really settled in, let alone the reality of having THREE! I confess it hasn’t quite registered with me yet either. (She has her own little three ring circus waiting..)
------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night Matthew and his Mimi attended their first Circus. Yes I have made it this far in life without experiencing the show under the “big-top”. It was a lot of fun. He liked the noise and the bright lights. He loves all the big animals. He was excellent for about an hour and a half. I took him for a walk during the last 30 minutes. To be honest, my rear-end was ready to move around as much as his was. I love that little boy so much. I told Derek & Mary last night that it didn’t seem like he was a baby very long. He is changing and learning daily. I am going to savor all the moments with him I can.

I wish I didn’t walk away from these events thinking about the poor animals. They just seemed sad to me. I thought about the fact that they had one more show when we left and then perhaps would get to sleep there last night. But this morning they will be loaded in trucks and taken to the next stop for the next show. I know, the people are living the same life, but they have a choice, don’t they? I am sure the elephants would have been much happier living in their natural habitat. (Of course this makes me think of Dr. Doolittle 2 when Archie the bear was quiet content being a circus bear…maybe it’s all they have ever known).

Comments:
Have you read the Life of Pi? It made me rethink, to a degree, about animals remaining or going back to their original habitat. When they're in the wild, they have to fight for their lives and are more likely to die. Doesn't mean that people don't abuse animals though.

I'm so happy for you and your daughter! Hope all continues to go well.
 
Didn't I comment on this yesterday? Could have sworn I did!

I can't go to rodeos anymore for the same reason. Once I learned that the only reason the broncs and bulls buck so hard is because their "business" is strapped up tight as can be just before the shoot is opens...Well it just seems so cruel. Poor things could care less about the cowboy on their back, they just want the strap off. Pity to because I used to love the rodeo!

I have butterflies in my stomach for your daughter! THREE!!! So do you have to buy a mini-van for three car seats, stroller etc? Can't even begin to imagine but still find myself a tiny bit envious! Crazy I know! Let the circus begin!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?