Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Water

I had nothing to say today and then I remembered. My blogging friend Chris sent me a tin full of blogging ideals, scriptures, positive thoughts etc. in a Christmas tin. (Actually I saw it sitting on my dresser after I had convinced myself I didn't have to blog EVERY day).

I pulled out the following:

Tell how you feel about water, playing in it, seeing it, using it. What do you feel when near bodies of water?

In 1995 we moved to the lake. After this time I was enrolled in a Dale Carnegie course. One of the speech topics was to include a visual aid and speak of an accomplishment. I presented a glass of water and told of the purchase of our lake home. I love water. I feel at peace when watching the sun set over the water, or when I see the rays of the moon reflected in the slight ripples. Living at the lake has been like a dream come true for me.

I also love the ocean. I love to vacation there more than anywhere else. I like to play in the water, I love boating, riding PWC and just floating around. I like to go white water rafting. In addition I like the rain. I like to play in the rain or just sit in the house and watch the rain.

I know that the Bible is full of stories surrounded by water. From the flood to the parting of the Red Sea, from Jonah to Peter walking on water, the stories and the lessons taught to us by water are many. The most important time I have spent in water is when I decided to give my life to Jesus and submitted to being taken under the water in order to rise up to a new life. In this way I can truly say that water completes me.

Comments:
Almost all the nightmares I have have water in them. Usually, I am in a restaurant, hotel, etc. and a storm comes and the waves get higher and higher and stronger and stronger until they overtake whatever building I am in.

I read once that you have this dream when you are overwhelmed.

When I am at the beach, I feel very small in comparison to the ocean. I like to think about how much greater our God is than the mighty body of water.
 
I love water, too--I think living on a lake would just be too wonderful!

I love rain, when I don't have to get out in it and can just look outside at it!
 
This is another example of why I feel the way I do about your writings. You know.
 
Aw shucks!

Glad to have been the vehicle of inspiration for ya! You took the idea and ran (swam?) with it! Love to read your thoughts, Donna!

Blugs!
 
You have a gift for taking the ordinary and everyday and finding a spiritual application... much like my friend Jim. Thanks for visiting his blog and commenting!!
 
You did Dale Carnegie, too, huh? My first bosses in commercial radio had me do it when I sold advertising.

I also love the water (I am a scuba diver, after all). My favorite place to look at the water is on the eastern shore of Lake Michigan on an overcast day when there aren't many people there. The wind is up, and it's just like being at the ocean.

That's my favorite away from "home." My parents built their retirement home on the south side of our farm where Dad put in a pond almost 35 years ago. The new house's lower level opens out into the yard so you can go directly to the pond to fish or swim.
 
Water is great! For the last three years my summer job has been as a pool manager and life guard instructor. This summer we had over 120,000 come through our pools. Needless to say I spend about four months looking deep in the water and playing in it whenever I can.

Many of my childhood memories revolve around camping at the creek, tubing or canoeing, and swimming.

For seven years I lived in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and daily passed some of the most beautiful beaches in the world. I loved it. We used to spend Christmas day at the beach!

Now I live about a mile from a huge lake. Your post brings back lots of good memories. Thanks.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?