Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The Beast Within

Do you have an ugly side? No I am not talking about my HUGE hips or my squinty little eyes. I sometimes have an ugly, ugly problem of being petty, envious and resentful. How’s that for being real! I don’t like the way it makes me feel. I don’t like feeling that way. I have no reason or justification for feeling that way, and yet it rears its ugly head when I least expect it.

The good news is, I recognize it quickly for what it is. I don’t dwell in it and turn it into a big monster that I can’t conquer. Perhaps the Spirit living in me is helping me to grow up. I just wish He could take over completely where I wouldn’t slip into my moments of being the “beast”.

Comments:
God's been working on mine, too!
 
Impatience esp. with my kids. I am more patient with everyone else in the world but them. Makes me want to bang my head.
 
Biting sarcasm - evil little monster with squinty eyes and a sharp tongue!

He sometimes moves out so his partner in crime, Judgment, can play.

*sigh*
 
For some reason, it is easy for me to not personalize someone else's misfortune and even make some not so funny crack about it. I hate that.
 
Beast is the wrong word for you, no matter what.
 
Sometimes I just loose it in traffic--what a stupid place--why should I really care? At least that's what I keep asking myself!
 
My temper is mine. Fortunately, I don't have to drive in Dallas traffic anymore ... but still am far too impatient on far too petty matters.
 
Your huge hips?!? PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?