Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Failing, Forgetting & Fantastic

I started the day yesterday with the resolve to be an encouragement to someone….I failed miserably. I was griping to one of the guys I work with and I said “I know I have the word b*tch written on my forehead, but….” The sad thing is he looked closely at my forehead!! Maybe I can do better with all of that today. I will TRY not to gripe about things I can’t change anyway! And if I am griping about things that I could change I am wasting time and breath, I should just be busy changing things!!

Last year I wrote about this day being the birthday of my best friend from my teenage years. In a years time nothing has changed. I haven’t seen or heard from her, but then again I have made no efforts either…none. Oh well, what is the saying “You have got to know when to fish and when to cut bait”? I think it is time to “cut bait”.

Last night I spent a wonderful evening with a truly great friend. We decided to celebrate the mutual month of our birth (before it was gone) by having dinner together. We had such a good time. It is great to spend time with people who have a common interest and can relate to where you are in life. It is sad that we seldom take the time to just get together and talk. I am going to do better at that too.

Friends come and friends go….but they are truly the icing on this cake of life, don’t you think?

Comments:
You know after my divorce I lost a lot of friends. But most of those were married types that didn't know what to do.

My friend Lloyd is my closest buddy. He was the minister when I was the youth minister back in the 80's it was a great friendship and still is.

{I hope you took TL cause it's obvious if you didn't}
 
Donna, You encouraged me yesterday, so you didn't fail. not {} here.
 
I hate when I make a concerted effort not to do something and then do it anyway.


Happy birthday month!
 
Absolutely!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?