Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Getting Better

I am not really a good person. I try, but there are more “negatives” with me than good things. I am resentful and petty about work things. I look too quickly to things that are wrong. I find my compassion lacking at times and I find myself avoiding people if I am not in the mood to be “nice”. I am working on these things, but I have a long way to go.

But, I am trying to do something good this week. Ever since Katrina first hit the gulf region I have felt the need to get down there. However, I have always found excuses or even valid reasons not to go. Today I am going. My car is packed full of stuff I am taking down. As I mentioned before the generosity of my brothers and sisters at East Cullman amazes me. I am not doing this because I am a good person. I am doing this because I am blessed person, trying to live up to what Jesus has done for me.

The hand of God was with me last night. I arrived home and started unloading things from my Tahoe, (where I could take the seats out and get more stuff in there, in an organized way). About the time I had everything out the tornado alert started going off in the park across the water from me. We were under a tornado warning, and my part of the county was where the funnel clouds had been spotted. I park at the bottom and was carrying stuff in the basement. So, I was in the basement for the entire time of the tornado warning. Those of you who know me realize that otherwise I might have been out on the deck watching the wind!

If you get a chance, say a prayer for me today. I hope to arrive safely to unload my “loot” around 3:00 this afternoon. If I get a chance I will update you while I am there. I should be there through Friday afternoon.

I did not get a chance to delete my “country music” and yes, some of it HAS to go. I will leave a little Brooks & Dunn and Tim McGraw. I also did not get a chance to download a book nor did my CD’s arrive from Amazon. That’s OK though. I still have a couple of C.S. Lewis CD’s to go. Have a good Wednesday!

Comments:
Yeehaw, I knew you would keep the country. Be safe!
 
Blugs and blessings, Donna!!
 
God speed DJG! I think your more good than you give yourself credit for being! :)
 
Thanks for going Donna. I look forward to your perspective on things.
 
I'll look forward to reading about the adventure. It's great that you are willing and able to go help out! God bless.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?