Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Good Gifts, Good Day, Good Grief!

My sweet husband came through! I got my MP3 player with wireless car adapter!! Now if my books on CD don’t arrive today from Amazon I can download a book to keep me company driving to Pascagoula. He even loaded it up with music for me. I am going to have to delete a bunch of COUNTRY Crap!! But, it is great to have it usable from the get-go (who made up that word?)

I said last week that I strived on being busy and having deadlines and such. God is faithful, he delivered just exactly that! I went with my daughter to the Dr. yesterday which ended up taking about 4 ½ hours of my day. So, today I must get everything done for the rest of the week; nothing like a challenge to get my blood pumping. BTW everything is good with the babies. It is possible we will be able to tell what they are at our next visit on the 28th. If not they will be doing the detailed sonogram on the 13th of December. After the 1st of the year she will be going every week. Man, this is getting closer and closer! Diana has decided she has two boys and a girl. We will see if her “feeling” is right.

One of my gifts (?) is an over-abundant dose of sarcasm. I have discovered that this particular method of communication does not always translate well in the written word. This is one of the areas of my life I am working on, but I have had years of training and have almost perfected the art! I would just like to ask you to forgive me if I have said anything inappropriate or hurtful either on this site or as a comment to any of your sights. Sometimes when I go back and read comments I realize that my intended humor may not have translated very well.

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24

Yes, I need to work on that.

Comments:
I too have been "blessed" with the gift of sarcasm...but in reading some of Jesus' words, I can't help but think that He possesses it too! A friend of mine has often joked that she wished someone would invent a "sarcastic" font so that the reader would automatically know that the writer was being sarcastic, would save a lot of heartache that way!

By the way, what brand/model of MP3 player and carset adapter did you get? I'm thinking about getting one and wanting to do some research before I plunk $ down for it.
 
I can seriously relate to the communicational difficulties in blogging. We have a church blog. I post something late one evening, the next day I read it with horror-I sound arrogant, way too anal, etc.
 
Congratulations on the mp3 player! Hope you have as much fun with yours as I do mine. If I commuted to work, I'd think about doing audiobooks as well. I did see at the Apple Music Store that they are selling the entire Harry Potter series. Mondo casho.
 
We could all agree that sarcastic remarks will be done in the color of your choosing - would that work? I have problems with that too sometimes - I am MUCH better at relaying hurt feelings in person than through the written word. My words can sometimes have an edge to them when you can't hear the crying underneath!
 
I know you're kidding about the country music? Right!? You wouldn't really delete it, would you? :)
 
Yeah, I'm with br-549, go easy on the Country. You just have to learn to listen to it. They are just storytellers. A lot of it is done with that sarcasm you talk about. You can't take it too serious. Besides, when you are boot scootin' you aren't really listening to the words, just the beat! It is fun! Did you know that CoC can dance? Is is kind of a secret. Most of us grew in churches where that was against the law but whose law was it? It is a great thing for husbands and wives to do together!

Have fun with the MP3 and have a great trip.
 
I spend a great deal of time in my car for work and have to travel a lot. I LOVE audio books.

Have you tried audible.com? Great prices and great titles, especially if you buy a membership. My whole family (husband and 3 teenagers) are hooked!!
 
Cousin It...

Thanks for the link. I will check it out!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?