Friday, November 11, 2005

Have You Never Been Mellow

There was a time when I was
in a hurry as you are
I was like you
There was a day when I just
had to tell my point of view
I was like you
Now I don't mean to make you frown
No, I just want you to slow down

Have you never been mellow?
Have you never tried
to find a comfort from inside you?
Olivia Newton John 1975


Sometimes, I feel like someone needs to “slow me down”. This morning I am tired. I hit the alarm and went back to sleep instead of working out and I slept until 7:15!! Still I feel tired. Maybe I am just trying to get too much done. Maybe I am just playing too much. I don’t know what it making me so tired, but I am tired of feeling tired!

Work is slow. Rates are up, people are thinking about the holidays, nobody really needs their friendly mortgage lender right now. You would think that would be a great time to catch up on everything…NOT! The less I have to do, the less I get done. I am a deadline worker. I work much better when under pressure. Have I “never been mellow?”

With my diminishing income and Christmas right around the corner I am resolving to make some changes. I love to buy people things they need or ever want, (I do NOT like buying someone something just to be buying something) but who says we have to do that ALL on December 25th. I want to change the way we “do” Christmas, but as of yet I don’t have a plan.

I must learn to give all things to God. I must learn to echo the words of David's prayer in Psalms 16 (The Message)

Day and night I'll stick with GOD;
I've got a good thing going and I'm not letting go.
I'm happy from the inside out,
and from the outside in, I'm firmly formed.
You canceled my ticket to hell--
that's not my destination!

Woo Hoo! (this line is NOT from the Message)

Comments:
Donna,
I too feed on a deadline. I think I push projects until the last minute just to have the thrill of being under the gun. A lot of focus seems to come at those times.

That is a great Message version on that Psalm.
 
I need deadlines as well. Funny, I've had Olivia Newton-John on the brain this week too, but the song that goes something like "can we believe we are magic - nothing can stand in our way."

These are good thoughts. I'm trying to give my financial concerns over to God.
 
The funny thing is, I heard that song (Magic) at some restaurant where I was having dinner with one of the associates. I commented that I hadn't heard the song in forever and he gave me a strange look. I think the song came out about a year before he was born!
 
Please share how you do Christmas--I love fun ideas!
 
Isn't it funny how when you are busy, you get more done?

Every year around this time, Bryon and I always say that we are going to have a small Christmas. Somehow it never happens! We get caught up in the spirit and go overboard. Tis the season!
 
I think they should add the "Woo Hoo!" - makes it much more meaningful and relevant for today. :)
 
Ugh......

What a heartbreaker.
 
Your not one of those sign along with Grease people are ya?

I don't get it?
 
Oh, to live the simple life! I grew up in the country with a much slower pace of life. Sometimes I miss it. I just don't know if I could go back. They say you can never go home. I don't know. I may try it some day.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?