Thursday, November 10, 2005

Home Sweet Home

It was quite the exciting weekend at my house. David’s back was getting better until we had a little commotion at our house Saturday night. I have told you about the quiet peaceful road we live on. Well at 1:00 Sunday morning cars were traveling this road and stopping in our driveway and on the side of our road beside our privacy fence. My dog Hooch was going nuts; his bark is much worse than his bite. David jumped up out of the bed to see what was going on. This helped put back into a relapse. Then somebody we all know (and some of us love) left a 10 lb free weight in the floor beside her chair. Unsuspecting back aching husband makes contact with said weight with his prominent middle toe. Said toe is now black, blue, purple and swollen and “that someone” we all know (and sometimes love) is serving more time in the doghouse with Hooch.

Despite his injuries David was ready to charge outside and tell these folks that they could not stay there. I however would not let him. I mean he couldn’t even outrun them if they decided to throw rocks at him. So instead we called the cops. In a record time of 45 minutes they showed up to break up the party. Now, I have no problem with people having a party at their house, but when they park and urinate in my driveway and disrupt my sleep…..they have got to go! I was back in the bed by 2:45 but David said the party was not completely disbursed until around 4:00. The officer came back to give David another report and yes, I slept through it.

I was thinking about the plusses and minuses of living where we do while downloading pictures from my camera. I had wanted to drive up to the mountains a couple of weeks ago, just to enjoy the beauty. But there is a lot of beauty right out my front door. I know that we all sometimes long for something special something a little out of the ordinary. But we miss many blessings and much beauty when we are always looking beyond where we are.



Comments:
Beautiful scenery! How lovely to be able to see that every day, but how easy it is to take for granted. Hope this weekend is much more peaceful for you!
 
WHOA....nice scenery!
I would probably be claustrophobic with them thar trees.
 
WOW!!!! I could look at that view for the rest of my life!
 
That is pretty incredible--I love the water and the trees!!
 
This is the reason that I go to my sister's in TN. Sitting on the big porch with my coffee in the morning looking out over the valley from the house on the hill. You just don't get that in Texas. Just a bunch of flatlanders.
 
You have a very beautiful backyard!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?