Saturday, November 19, 2005

Sweet Home Alabama

Well my Tide lost, and I must say the better team won. Auburn looked awesome today. They had an answer for everything Alabama tried. It was not a lot of fun for me to watch, but that doesn’t make it any less true. Our coaches and players played with a lot of class. I am happy that my friend Jessica Bartlett got to celebrate a victory in her final home game as Auburn’s head majorette.

You know I couldn’t help but think today that no matter how much I wanted Alabama to win, no matter how much “positive thinking” I sent there way. No matter which lucky shirt I wore (or not as the case may be) I had absolutely no control over the outcome of the game. Life is like that too. There are some things, no matter how much we want them to happen, no matter how much energy we put into thinking positively, we have no control over the outcome. I think we will be happier in life when we accept that realization.

Comments:
I have often wished to change outcome of games, particularly when my kids are playing. I know they need to learn the lessons from losing too, but it is more fun to win.

Think about it though, what would WE be like if we could control everything?
 
Fortunately for me, I spent most of the afternoon doing "birthday stuff" so I didn't have to witness too much of the massacre.

It is hard to believe that they were number 3 in the country 8 days ago.

Still, I am proud of our boys and am impressed by how far they have brought the team these past few years.

Happy Belated Birthday!
 
Amen to your last paragraph!!
 
I second JB. The challenge is to learn to think positively AND leave it all to God.
 
shirt??? its all in the socks... lucky socks, but you have to be on the field for them to work.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?