Monday, November 14, 2005

Tagged and Stuff

I received the following tag from Khris:
Here's how it works. When you are tagged you must post 10 interesting and little known facts about yourself.

Chris’s request: List 25 things that make me happy (besides my purple hi-tops…aw man!)

Since I do not have a lengthy or even a short list of interesting things about me, perhaps it will be interesting and little known what makes me happy….however, I must start with a disclaimer. I don’t think anything can “make” me or anyone else happy. Happiness is a choice, more of an attitude that an event. I am very happy though and I can list moments of “joy” that help to make me the happy person that I am. Here goes….

  1. My grandson
    a. The way he gets so excited when he sees his Mi-Mi
    b. The way he says “I don’t know”
    c. His constant activity
    d. I laugh out loud when he dances! So incrediblely cute!
  2. The anticipation of triplets.
  3. Family time with my kids and their families
  4. Family time with my brothers and parents
  5. Time spent intellectually sparring with my husband
  6. Time spent taking a nap with my husband (OK taking a nap, period)
  7. Walking outside barefooted in November
  8. Leaves falling
  9. Sunshine warming my skin
  10. Feeling the wind blow
  11. Moonlit nights, especially on the lake
  12. Gorgeous sunsets
  13. My dogs
  14. Starting a good book
  15. Finding out there is a sequel to one of my favorite books
  16. Buying a book
  17. Writing my thoughts
  18. Going back and reading what I have written and thinking Wow, I wrote that!
  19. Time spent with my girl-friends
  20. Mexican Restaurants with a best friend
  21. Playing tennis
  22. Figuring out a problem through logic
  23. Comments on my blog post
  24. Worshipping God in song with others
  25. Meeting brothers and sisters here on earth while looking forward to meeting them again in heaven!

I didn’t even get to beaches, boats and all that stuff. Life is good, find joy in ordinary moments!


Comments:
Nice to know I was able to give someone joy tonight by simply posting a comment.

BTW - since you go to East Cullman - tell Jim Wright that Steve Duer says Hi!
 
I could have almost the same list--except I would probably have to add beaches, sand and surf, 'cause I don't have the grandchildren to make me happy just yet!
;-)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?