Monday, November 14, 2005

Updates

Terri and I had a wonderful trip to Crossbridge yesterday. We always meet new people when we visit, and they all make us feel so welcomed. I am thinking seriously about kidnapping Gary Brantley and forcing him to minister at East Cullman. I truly enjoy his speaking style and content. Hearts were heavy there as they have suffered loss in their family. I love the way they embrace each other and lift each other up in prayer. And I am amazed at how our love for God makes us all family, I could feel there hurts and cry for them just as if I had always known them. Don’t you just love being part of the family of God?

Returning home to East Cullman last night was encouraging as well. My Tahoe was full of coats, diapers, laundry detergent and other items to take with me to Pascagoula this week. In addition a couple of ladies gave me checks and the leader of our benevolent committee told me that we had money in the budget for Katrina relief and wanted to send that with me as well. God is so good! I know someone is going to love the stuffed animals and the knitted hats that Terri has sent as well. My heart swells with joy when I experience people wanting to help others.

In other news, David’s trip to Japan has been postponed; Some DOD and other stuff that I could tell you more about, but then I would have to kill you. So, my timing is a little off with my trip. I prefer not to be gone when David is at home, but he insisted that I go on. I am grateful for his support, since I had already committed to being there. Oh, did I mention I am going to Pascagoula on Wednesday? I am going to the Central Church of Christ and working for a few days in whatever way that I can. I am ashamed that it has taken me this long to get away down there, but am anxious to go and do what I can.

My Crimson Tide didn’t fare so well this weekend. I told you a couple of weeks ago that I had taught Matthew to say “Roll Tide”. Well his word of the week is “I don’t know”. So I could just ask him what happened to the Tide in the 2nd half and he could say “I doe noooo” and that would sum up the situation.

I hate how much pleasure I took in the troubles of Kurt Busch. I have made no pretense of not liking him. I even talked about it last year. I just wish it didn’t bring me joy to see him brought down a notch or two!

Speaking of joy, I owe Khris a post from a tag, and Chris has given me a topic to write on that I will combine with the tag. You can see the results of that below.

Enjoy this rainy Monday.

Comments:
Great joy there Donna!

Okay, I don't get the whole NASCAR thing in the first place. I attended a church that showed the races on the big screen after services all the ladies took off their dresses and put on halter tops and short shorts. All the guys (Bubba's) put on their overalls and put in their Chaw. Okay not funny.

But really what's up with this.
 
I have been down ever since the game Saturday. I know it is only a game, but still!

My brother in law is from Georgia and his Bulldogs were defeated barely by Auburn. Nobody had a good weekend!

When I was 2 years old, my dad took me on a road trip to visit my grandmother. When we returned home, I was saying, "Alabama, Alabama, I will aye be true to thee!"

I love the story of little Matthew!
 
Donna, I am so happy that you are coming to Pascagoula to offer your help. I think you will be surprised at everything going on down here ... it keeps me on my toes.

Thanks to you and everyone else who has pulled together some supplies. We are expecting the weather to turn cooler in the next few days, and that will bring to the surface the need for jackets and hats.

Have a safe trip!
 
I'm with you on the Busch thing. I'm not a fan, but I will admit I kind of felt sorry for him. I mean he almost cried and everything. If he wasn't leaving Rousch he would not be suspended.
 
I am so excited you get to go to Pascagoula! I will be praying that God uses you powerfully as you minister there!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?