Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Yawnnnn

My brother arrived home from Tucson last night. His flight arrived in Huntsville at 11:29 p.m. Being the good sister that I am I volunteered to pick him up {since there are no rental-car places open this late!}. I got in bed shortly before 1:00 a.m. Did I get up and go work out? Yep! When that clock went off at 4:46 I was in a DEEP sleep, but I snoozed it twice (I knew Terri would save me a bike) and then I got up. I had a great fear of staying too long at red lights. I think I did actually doze off once. I feel pretty good right now but I think I will fade quickly this afternoon.

I am anxious for this holiday to begin. I, like many of you, love Thanksgiving. I love the unpretentiousness of just getting together and eating too much and watching football. Not that many years ago we would have been out in the yard playing football instead of watching it. Now everyone’s back will go out or some such nonsense. We had lots of good games of touch football at my mother-in-laws over the years. I guess it is time for my children to pick up that tradition. Although….I can still play!!

TCS and I have decided that { } these squiggly brackets are to be our blogger symbol for sarcasm. Somehow sarcasm just does not translate that well, especially in comments. So if you place your thoughts inside of {these} brackets we will know that you mean the comment sarcastically. {Tommy and I are trying to figure out how to make it a default setting!} See how that works!

Did you notice I have been playing with my template? Mostly I just changed some colors. It took my over an hour to do what Keith and some of you other folks could do in 10 minutes, but hey! It is a learning experience. I really do like to get in there and figure this stuff out. I like the fact that my page is now unique and I did not have to re-do my counters and such. Keep checking, maybe I will add some more stuff!!

Comments:
I really do like this change. I wish I could think of something sarcastic to say, but I am drawing a blank.
 
{what people make sarcastic comments on here?}
 
Have a wonderful holiday!! And enjoy your family...
 
I did notice the new colors and it looks good!! I'm afraid to mess with mine too much because I've got so much extra stuff on there, but I also really like my polka-dots.

Enjoy your holiday!!

p.s. I really like the {sarcastic} comments indicator. Definitely will have to remember that one!!
 
{Yeah, Terri that MUST be it!!}
 
{You sarcastic?} Actually I just wanted to say thank you for your blog and all your comments. I think blog word is a much nicer place withyou in it! :)
 
{Sumthin' ain't rite with yor pitcher}
 
{Ten minutes! Ha! I can change my template in ten seconds just by waving my magic wand!}
 
I love your new template and I love the brackets idea. I will use them a lot.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?