Thursday, December 22, 2005

Eighth Day of Anticipation (C-3)

In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.” Acts 20:35

So you think I am going to talk about giving…but the word today is remember. When I did a topical search on the word remember there were 233 hits. God has constantly told us to remember.

Last night in our ladies class I borrowed Mike’s Quarter Remembrance. He has such a gift in his writing. I changed the context some and we remembered some of the things our “family” had been through during the past year. Good times, bad times, happy times and very sad times. Sometimes we can only appreciate where we are by reflecting on where we have been and what it has taken to get us to “here”.

So today as we continue to remember the birth of our Lord, and all of the events that were set into motion to give us the gift of life, I also want to remember the ways that he has guided my life, the roads he kept me off of, the ditches he has lifted me out of. Today I want to remember those who have been there for me, the ones that have let the Lord work through them. Thank you.

I remember that many of you have encouraged me when I was blue. You have laughed at me when I was stupid. You have cried with me when I was broken and rejoiced with me when I was blessed. I remember that you have taken the time to get to know me and to walk with me on part of this journey.

I thank my God every time I remember you. Philippians 1:3

Comments:
I love your comment about how sometimes the only way we can appreciate where we are is by remembering where we've been and what we've been through. Praise God for His desire to deliver us--may we always have a "ready recollection" of what He's done for us and through us!
 
That last verse is one of my favorites!
 
I still remember what they taught me as a kid about the word fellowship, it is "two fellows in a ship." There is joy in the journey when we connect with others travelling the same path. Thank God for friends who are there for us in good and bad.
 
Great post! Merry Christmas!
 
It has been a pleasure getting to know you a little through blogs. Yours seems to always encourage me! Merry Christmas!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?