Monday, December 19, 2005

Fifth Day of Anticipation (C-6)

I Corinthians 11: 23b-26
The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes
.

Yesterday I met with my church family. We sang praises to God for the wonderful gift of his son. We recognized that his gift meant that “He was with us” through his son Immanuel. Dennis spoke to us about what we really should want for Christmas. It was good to be there. But the best part was taking a moment and remembering….remembering that perfect gift that could have only been given out of the most divine love. As we ate the bread and drank the cup I felt for a moment the most overwhelming sense of gratitude coupled with a constant sense of unworthiness.

At the season when we celebrate the birth of our Savior, we know that without his death and resurrection, that night would have been just another starry night in Bethlehem. Today I want to try harder to live worthy of my Savior’s sacrifice. I want to wrap myself in that perfect love and allow it to change me. Will you live in the light of his love today?

Comments:
Thanks, Donna, for the wonderful thoughts of anticipation. The resurrection has never really surprised me, but the fact that he would come to us at all, and in the flesh, to me that is still hard to grasp. Blessings to you and your family this Christmas!
 
He IS with us! That alone should change us, every minute of every day.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?