Thursday, December 15, 2005

The First Day of Anticipation (C-10)

Psalms 112: 5-9


5 Good will come to him who is generous and lends freely
who conducts his affairs with justice. 6 Surely he will never be shaken; a righteous man will be remembered forever.
7 He will have no fear of bad news; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD. 8 His heart is secure, he will have no fear; in the end he will look in triumph on his foes.

9 He has scattered abroad his gifts to the poor, his righteousness endures forever; his horn will be lifted high in honor.


On the First Day of Anticipation I was reminded of how blessed I am. I know that there are many people who feel the love of God, but are hungry, scared and alone at this time of year. Knowing that the Season represents the greatest gift, the gift of our Lord and Savior, I will celebrate anticipation by giving.

Today I will scatter gifts to the poor. I have adopted a family in Pascagoula and have ordered the gifts to be delivered one day next week. Some may think that there are plenty of families in my community that could use my help, and you are right. But, this year those that normally help those in the communities in the Gulf Coast region are doing good to keep there own heads above water. My home community will not be neglected. I have chosen to help someone I don’t know and whom I will probably never meet. I will miss the joy of watching them receive the gifts. But perhaps they will feel the love of God flowing from me to them and they too will anticipate the coming of the One! Blessed be His NAME!!


Comments:
My care group at church is helping a family in Austin who I think was displaced by the hurricanes to Austin. I am helping a little with that, but I decided to help someone close to me who probably wouldn't ask. My sister-in-law's sister is a single mom at 18 with a 1 year old boy. She is staying with my brother and sister who don't have much themselves. So, I'm hoping my family will pitch in and we can really bless them and my brother and sister too. I'm also praying it will be a testimony to her of how much God loves her. Giving is definitely my favorite part!
 
In addition to the gifts our staff purchased for kids/needy families, the local fire department has delivered truck loads of toys to be given away. Several of our staff have been busy the last few days just delivering toys to families in our neighborhood. Praise God for all the great things being done. I wish we could eliminate the problem and not just put a bandaid on it but we will do what we can.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?