Friday, December 16, 2005

Second Day of Anticipation (C-9)

Hebrews 3:13 ..encourage one another daily, as long as it is called Today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin’s deceitfulness.

Encouragement is such an important part of our Christian walk. Yet sometimes it is easy to neglect. I was extremely blessed yesterday as many of my blogging friends sent me comments and e-mails filled with words of encouragement. I thank you for that, truly it means so much to me.

Last night I spent an evening with my good friend Terri. We were actually having a late birthday celebration and had a wonderful time. It is good to be able to share not only the serious side of my thoughts but the mundane and ridiculous things I think about too! I hope last evening was an encouragement to her as well, but I know it encouraged me.

When I think of the days and even years before the Christ child was born, I know that many of the Jewish people needed to be encouraged that the Messiah would ever come. It had been such a long time. The God of their fathers had been strangely silent for a long time. Is this really going to happen? Will God send a Messiah into the earth?

Maybe today we look for Jesus to return with the same doubts and hopeful longing. We know what was promised but we are just so busy with life that we don’t have time to think about Jesus coming for us. We too need encouragement. We need to be reminded.

Yesterday I mailed my Christmas cards. I have a few more to mail today, but they are mostly done. Perhaps if we look at cards as a way of encouraging each other we will be more diligent to send them. The gift of encouraging words will be one of the best gifts I receive this year. How about you?

Comments:
You all just keep living life to the fullest. Jesus will be here soon, in the meantime spend it this His creation.
 
Absolutely! I think it's a great way to encourage--now if I can just get mine in the mail!
 
Sound like you are enjoying the journey. Keep the goal in mind and keep walking!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?