Friday, January 06, 2006

But it is Friday!!!

There are days when despite your best efforts to have joy, you feel like you have been kicked in the gut. You wake up in a good mood albeit still somewhat sleepy. You do the things you are supposed to do, you have a great workout, you eat a good breakfast, you remember to bring your clothes; and then comes the phone call. If you work with the public at all you will know what I am talking about. An irate customer calls convinced that you have lied to her and it is your life’s ambition to ruin her life; couple being called a liar with being threatened with a law suit and you have my morning. Granted she has a legitimate complaint. Hers is one of those cases where everything that could go wrong, HAS. It has been a rough rocky road and we thought we were ready to close, but alas, there was a computer problem at the underwriters office and there would be no closing today.

I had resolved to not let this ruin my day. After about 30 minutes she called me back, much calmer and let me explain the situation to her. The funny thing about being punched in the gut, saying you are sorry doesn’t take the pain away. But I am pressing on.

I leave you with this thought:

Coincidence doesn’t happen nearly as often as we think. God’s angels influence people toward good places and good situations. Satan’s angels use their influence with just the opposite effect.

Do you think that applies to our work lives?

Comments:
Satan looks very much like a 4-yr. old girl these days!

I think Satan gets into work, just like anywhere else - nothing is off limits to him!
 
YES!!!!! Very much so! I could tell you things that would curl your hair around here. Suffice it to say that "smarmy" is a really good descriptive word in my office...ugh
 
Chris--my hair is curled--you know??

I hope the angels end up winning today for you--IT'S FRIDAY!
 
Yes, there are entities that carry influence (not causation of course) that we never see, hear, taste, touch, or smell. I wonder what we might see if we could see everything. Good grief! I bet we can't see 1% of the reality happening in the very room in which we sit.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?