Saturday, January 07, 2006

Directing My Paths

As part of my “get organized” resolution I am trying to tackle one small project every night that I am at home. This has been a good thing for me, in that I am getting stuff done, slowly but surely, and it gives me less time to sit around thinking about how much I want a Diet Coke. (I don’t believe you knew the depth of my addiction.)

Last night I tackled my bathroom closet. It is very hard to throw away full bottles of lotion, shampoo, sunscreen and other things, but I did it. I filled two large garbage bags with things to throw away. I found a purse that was hidden from me for days earlier in the fall. I also found a picture that used to hang in my bathroom.

The picture is about 16x20 in size and on it is a nice picture of a trail and the verse;

“In all thy ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths.” Proverbs 3:6.

Yes it is in the original {some would say inspired} language of King James, but I have always loved the picture and the verse. I was thinking I would like to bring it to my office. The color scheme matches and I have a perfect place to hang it where it could speak to me everyday.

The thing is, I have always made a point to keep religion out of the work place, but as part of my resolution to quit being religious and start being spiritual I think this would fit. I live in the middle of the Bible belt and don’t think my customers would find such a picture offensive (if they even noticed it at all). What do you think? Should I just do it?

Comments:
That is very beautiful and I think would be appropriate at your office. {Especially since you don't work for the government whereas you might just be dismissed!}

As I get to know you through your blogs it is amazing how much we have in common.

I am addicted to Diet Cokes, and the Heath Bar Blizzard is the only thing to get at Dairy Queen in my book. Mixed with vanilla soft serve and no chocolate syrup added. Some places do that believe it or not!

Also I am using your same strategy around here to organize my house. Do you get as overwhelmed as I do?
 
P.S. I think you would get a kick out of my October 31 post. (I don't think I knew you then.)
 
"In all thy ways..."

That's pretty much the entire journey...right?
So go for it!
 
I use to have that same picture. It was from Home Interiors back in the 80's. I love it.

I do not think it is inappropriate at all. Go for it!
 
That's cool you need to put it somewhere you will see it quite often to remind you.
 
Go for it! I have a poster that says, "Blessed is the nation whose God is the Lord." I also have several books available with Godly messages. They are just mixed in with my other free reading books. I work in a fairly regulated environment but there is still room to witness. When good things happen during the day I will raise both hands to heaven and say "Thank You, Lord!" I don't think that is offensive to anyone in my classroom but it clearly shows my allegiance.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?