Tuesday, January 24, 2006

He's Back!!!!

Finally after an experience in airports that would rival the Tom Hank’s movie The Terminal he is home. Currently still recovering from jet-lag and a bruised buttock from almost 24 straight hours sitting on a plane (thirteen of them while it sat on a runway) I left him sleeping peacefully this morning.

It is somewhat heartening to hear how the most efficient country in the world can almost shut down when it experiences two inches of snow. (So back off when we Alabamians shut down when we have a couple of inches.) David had the comment that it was the same thing that was the demise of the Japaneese during WWII (being the WWII buff that he is). They operate with complete and total efficiency until a disaster of any magnitude throws them off the planned course. Then no one is properly trained to think for themselves and solve problems. See, I am telling you flying by the seat of your pants is the only way to live!!

As for me and my dilemmas, don’t worry. I am just a traveler who has always thought the world was flat. Since discovering that it was round I must find a way to change my course. I don’t have to act quickly or rashly, after all I am not going to fall off the end of the earth, but I do have to start formulating a plan to navigate with the greatest amount of efficiency. (I could have been a political speech writer).

My quote for the day comes from Jack Roush (not my favorite team owner but he did get ole’ Kurt Busch at the end of the year) when asked about Toyota entering the NASCAR cup and Busch races in 2007…..

”You know it is kind of like breakfast food you are either a chicken or a pig. The chicken contributes but the pig is committed. I am committed to winning.”

When it comes to the life I live for Jesus am I a chicken or a pig?

Comments:
Gee, thanks for finding a way to make being a pig a *good* thing. Let's all be pigs today.
 
leaving the flat earth society?
 
LOL Dee! At first I thought you really thought I had just discovered the earth was not flat!!

We very well may be related though since I have 47 first cousins on the Wallace side. I am not sure I could even name them, let alone recognize them.

I am going slow with changes...I just have to fight the discontment that tells me to do something NOW!
 
of course some people spell that word....discontentment
 
Only Nascar, or the fod network, could come up with a quote lake that!
 
Sorry, I don't have any meaningful comments on the important part of the post. I'm still shaking my head over the 13 hours sitting on the runway going nowhere. I just can't imagine enduring that!

-- Bobby
 
What do you mean the world is round? I thought all CoC believed in flat theology.:) If the Bible says it, it must be true.

Ok, all seriousness aside, OINK, OINK!
 
Isaiah 40:22 "He sits enthroned above the CIRCLE of the Earth" - (emphasis mine)

Of course God knew the Earth was round before we figured that out!!!! (Paul - it's IS in scripture!!!)
 
beaner,
Sorry, I was talking about interpretation not science. Poor word choice evidently.:)
 
Paul - I see. I was actually being sarcastic (sorry!) but I forgot about Donna's bracket rule {sarcasm goes in here}!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?