Sunday, January 22, 2006

Just tell me Why!

David is still not home. Tokyo had 2 inches of snow on the ground when he was scheduled to leave. This is their first major snow since 2001. Hopefully he will make it home today since it was supposed to be sunny and around 44° there. I hate being stuck in airports waiting, but then again I just hate waiting.

If I sounded like I was telling our stories at Terri’s expense yesterday, I didn’t mean to. I would gladly tell stuff on myself but I just don’t do anything that interesting or funny. Also, I would never tell anything on Terri that she would not tell on herself. She knows I love her, and other than her obsession with time, I mostly understand her.

I am reading the book Getting Things Done by David Allen. I can’t wait to get started implementing this program into my life. One of the most profound thoughts that I read last night as I watched Andy Roddick get beat (again!) is that we should question the purpose of everything we do. Now, you would think he is just talking about our professional lives, but he encourages you to take this process through to every part of your life. I just wonder what things I will change when I get down to figuring out WHY I do them in the first place. It is a scary and yet exciting thought. Can you think of things in your life that you quit doing when you figured out there was no real purpose for doing them?

Comments:
But shouldn't I also question why I am questioning myself?
 
I realize that there are many things that I do because I think people expect me to do them, or to behave a certain way. I suppose that's a big pride issue--I'm trying to cut myself some slack and not be so concerned with how others see me, but rather how God sees me. "We ought to please God rather than man." That needs to be my mantra.

(Terri, LOL at the cell phone story!!) :)
 
Praying David gets home safe...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?