Monday, January 30, 2006

Recovering

This morning I went with Diana to the Doctor. I tried not to breathe in her direction. She and the babies are doing great. They now weigh
1 lb 13 oz (boy)
1 lb 8 oz and
1 lb 9 oz. (girls)
Her uterus is measuring 36 weeks. She will be 26 weeks this Thursday. It is all getting very exciting at this point.

It appears that I am going to survive the worst cold I have had in years. I am sure I got it from Matthew. He was drinking out of my straw and feeding me out of his spoon last Tuesday while he was sick. I guess that direct contact is a little harder for my body to fight off. I still feel like crap but at least I am getting better instead of worse. There was a time Saturday when I was only getting worse and I remember having a great feeling of relief when I realized I had turned the corner and I was slowly getting better.

I couldn’t help but to relate that to times in my life when I have been spiritually “sick”. There comes that turning point when you realize you are looking up instead of down. You are moving closer to God and his way instead of further away. That doesn’t mean you are well, it doesn’t mean you can carry the same load as someone who has not been sick, but it means you are moving in the right direction. You are accepting healing and giving yourself time to get your strength back. I wonder sometimes if we try to pile too much on people when they have just started recovering. Perhaps I can use this aggravating sickness to teach me yet another valuable lesson on patience.

Thanks to all for your well wishes. It truly did brighten my day. I came by the office on Saturday before going to the drug store and was truly uplifted by your care and concern. If I commented on your blog during that time and it did not make sense….forgive me. I was not thinking clearly. (unless of course I said something brilliant, and then I meant to…)

Comments:
Glad to hear you're better today!
 
Glad you've turned the corner!!!

I was just reading through some of my old blogs (during that awful time mid-June last year) and I was so thankful when I read one of my blogs & I could tell that I turned the corner. Thanks for ALL your comments & prayers during that time. Our God is the Great Healer!!!
 
Donna you were in my prayers this week. Dang I might have given it to you through me blog (ouch). Hey now, were are not allowed to use the word uterus in a blog that is seen by males. Your a gifted lady, when are they going to make you a shepherd at the church.
 
thanks for the visit, donna! i hope are getting better. colds are the worst, especially in the summer! i wish it was summer. it feels like summer. at least it does here one or two days a week. i wish it would freeze so it would kill all those mosquitoes!
 
YAYAY--the babies are doing great!!! I'm so excited for you all!!!

Glad to hear you are feeling better!
 
Hang in there! This day too shall pass.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?