Friday, January 13, 2006

Storms and Stuff

I am sitting in my office grateful that I arrived before the thunderstorm did. It is relaxing to listen to it rain and hear the thunder rumble when I am secure inside my office listening to Dave Matthews and seeing what everyone has to say this morning.

Last night I went with my daughter to finish registering at Wal-Mart for her baby shower. Is there anything more exhausting than going to Wal-Mart after work in three inch heels (maybe going to Wal-Mart with triplets!!). I ended up taking my shoes off as we wandered around the baby stuff. Sure I got some strange looks, but I just smiled and went on. We selected some “preemie” stuff since we are pretty sure our babies will arrive at around 32 to 34 weeks.

This must have been on my mind as I went to bed. I dreamed that I had the babies last night….that’s right they were taking them out of MY body!! The boy weighed 10 ½ lbs and the girls weighed 8 lbs each. What a nightmare! I would love for the babies to get big enough that their first few days are not a struggle for them physically. But two things;
  1. I don’t want to be the carrier (thank you very much)
  2. Diana cannot carry 26 lbs of baby!!

So, it was just a crazy dream. I am sure as the time gets closer I may have more of them.

.

Last night there was an amazing ring around the moon It gives me peace to look up at the sky and know that God is in control. If I am enjoying a 70° degree January day, or a beautiful moonlit night, or a rainy Friday morning, God controls it and he cares for me. What an amazing thing to think about.


Comments:
YIKES! That's a LOT of baby! Talk about a nightmare!

Yesterday, while I was on my way to lunch with Beaner, a man jokingly chastised my non-smiling expression. He said, "The sun is shining, it's a beautiful day - you should be smiling! It could be a lot worse you know - you could be, I don't know, pregnant with triplets or something!"

I just thought to myself that Donna and Diana don't think that's 'worse' at all!!
 
I had a dream that I had twins, a girl and a boy. In the dream I was trying to take care of them and Kolby and Rhett by myself at Church because Rob was working our shift in the nursery. People kept sushing us and I wanted to leave church and cry but I couldn't carry everyone out so I just had to sit there! Crazy pergnancy dreams! My mother keeps dreaming that she and her friend (both well past 50) are both having babies themselves, even though their daughters are actually the pregnant ones. I guess grandmothers can have pregnancy dreams!
 
As long as it IS DIANA and not DONNA!!

I get on line this morning and the things we picked at Wal-Mart last night didn't take!! I don't think I will tell her, I will just go fix it! Have I mentioned I don't LOVE Wal-Mart!
 
I walked out in the back yard and looked at the moon last night. It was unseasonably warm here with just a slight breeze, enough to make the barren weeping willow branches look like tiny skeleton fingers reaching for the pale light. I went back inside.
 
The moon is a great reminder of God's constant presence: sometimes we see it & sometimes we don't, even though we know it's still up there. Sometimes it's full & sometimes it's eclipsed by our own desires, but even though it goes through those changes, it's always there. Always.
 
Mark, you are scaring me....

My dogs look at me kind of strange when I walk out on the deck and stare straight up at the moon, but what can I say.... I must be a little bit of a hippy!
 
Great picture...I love how the moon looks with the rings around it...you don't get to see that very often. Dan and I took the telescope out last night and I actually saw the "craters" on the moon for the first time...up close and personal...it was spectacular!
 
I wish we'd have some thunderstorms around here!

Maybe it takes Wal-Mart a few days to get everything transitioned and updated online. You should check it in the store registry before re-registering.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?