Thursday, January 05, 2006

Timeless or Ageless?

Today I may have overcome another obstacle in my life. I have always been indirect and reluctant when it came to sharing my age. Even when I was young (teenage years) I liked it that people thought I was older than I was. I didn’t correct many people who thought I was older. Now, I enjoy the surprise people have when I tell them I am a grandmother. When they speculate about how young I must have been when I started I say “yeah, I was like 12!”

I think that has come to an end. Who really cares one way or the other how old I am or am not. I feel good, I am healthy and I still have a fairly sound mind. (more on the sound mind in a bit)

This morning we had a new instructor for our circuit training class. The first thing she wanted us to do was to have a body fat measurement taken. To use this instrument we had to tell young, good looking, Mikey our height, weight and age!! For the first time it didn’t bother me, at all! Maybe it is because our current instructor went to school with my son. Maybe I realize I am old enough to be many of these kid’s mother! So what?

Then this morning I read Fajita’s blog about mid-life crisis. I truly liked the things he had to say. I do realize that I am at an age where I should be able to do what I want to do, when I want to do it. I have grown into the life I have always had. I have a great husband, wonderful children, fantastic daughter-in-law, and son-in-law, and (there are really not enough adjectives) a precious grandson…..with three more grandbabies on the way!! It is pure joy to accept who I am, where I am, and what my life is about. This gives me so much freedom to do the things that will make me a better disciple! That is exciting, that is liberating!

But, trust me; being 47 does have a down side. This morning as I was leaving home I had my gym bag that has all of my “getting ready for work” stuff in it, another bag with my tennis clothes for tonight, a bag with some books I brought to review if I have time today, my lunch and breakfast, my water bottle, my towel, my purse……..and yet I forgot something, something kind of important; my clothes! I had left them hanging in the bedroom! Well, thankfully I did have some warm clothes packed for tennis tonight that I was able to put on. My sweet husband came through for me (again) and met me with my clothes! So, if luck favors the prepared mind, I just have to believe that it also favors those with a good back up plan…..or in my case a great husband! (who by the way is two years older than me…..not that it matters!)

Comments:
About leaving the clothes, that just means that you're back to the teenage years! Didn't you ever leave important things like that back then and someone came through to get them to you?

I believe in mind of matter, so I will always be about 25 in my mind. Or I'll forget how old I am, seriously I still sometimes forget to add a year at each birthday!

As long as you love you and who you are, then you will always appear younger than your age.
 
You mean you didn't start having grandchildren when you were 12???
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?