Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Yesterday and More Goals

Yesterday I was successful in living by several of my goals. I won't bore you with the details, but I was pleased. Also Diana went back to the Dr. yesterday. All is well with her and the babies although the Dr. is still pushing her to gain more weight. She had only gained 1 pound this week. She suggested she drink 2 or 3 milkshakes per day....it is tempting, but no I would not trade places with her! Our boy baby "B" wants to make sure that we buy some blue things. He is a little too proud of his "plumbing."

Another goal for this year is to start living on a budget. I have not been diligent about money for the last couple of years, but interest rates have risen 3.25% in the last year and half. Times are going to be a lot tougher in the mortgage business. As part of that goal I am going to try and eliminate Wal-Mart from my vocabulary. I stopped at one of the smaller groceries stores yesterday to buy groceries and last week bought my shampoo and stuff at Dollar General. I figure even if I pay a little more per item elsewhere I will not be doing any “impulse buying”.

Another goal is to greatly reduce the amount of Diet Coke I consume. I currently consume the equivalent of five 20 ounce drinks per day (at least). Yesterday I had only one; today I am shooting for zero! (BTW check out my link to my 40 Days of Fat in the sidebar.)

This morning I was reading over at Steve’s Blog how he considered it a weird habit to think in analogies when he was trying to explain something. Some of you have mentioned how I make an analogy out of most anything, but that is just the way my brain works. If you are trying to explain something to me I will likely respond “so it’s like….” to make sure I understand you. I never really thought of it as weird, but I guess if most people don’t do it, it is kind of strange.

As a side note (and don’t hold me to this) I am going to try, really try to curb my sarcastic tongue.

Comments:
Bryon and I are also trying to eliminate excess spending. Everytime this comes up, we talk about me not setting foot in Target!
 
I hear you, Elizabeth! We just sign our paycheck over to Wal Mart anyway...

And Donna, {I'll believe it when I see it}! :)
 
I am trying the cut back on Diet drinks thing too. First I am cutting back on the caffine to try to make the transition easier. If it sounds like I am stalling, I am.
 
BTW, I don't think it's a weird habit to think in analogies but others do. My previous co-workers labled me "Analogy Man". {There's a comic book hero for you}
 
{Why would you need to reduce any sarcasm???}
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?