Thursday, February 23, 2006

Birthday Boy

Today is the birthday of my sweet little boy. Well, he is not so little or even so young anymore today he is a quarter of a century old. Man, that must mean his dad is getting old!

I know that people enjoy and experience God on many levels. They learn to love and respect and fear him. But for me, I never really understood the grace of God until I became a Mother. My son has done his share of “wilderness wanderings”. I have felt the anxious awaiting of the Father in the story of the Prodigal Son. I have wondered why my child would choose the pig pens over the life that I wanted him to have. And perhaps nothing compares to the joy of seeing your child find God and a better way of life for himself. His beautiful wife has been a great influence for good in his life. I am so grateful he found her and had the good sense to keep her. (and I won’t even talk about that grandson!).

Below is a collage of pictures that David did for them. Notice the blonde little boy in the upper right. That is how I still see him sometimes.

Happy Birthday Derek, I love you so much.


Comments:
I love the collage--how did you do that?

Happy birthday Derek--I hear your dad is sure getting old!
 
Happy birthday, Derek, a day late. Hope you really had a good one! : )
 
What a good looking young couple! It is good to have you son come home.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?