Friday, February 24, 2006

Change is in the air...

I really want to get my hair cut. It is real convenient to be able to pull it all up in a pony tail when working out or playing tennis, but I am tired of the same old style. It is actually easy to fix the way it is now and I know many of the new cuts require more time and effort to look right. But I am ready for a change.

I may have told you before that I have been accused of being addicted to change. I don’t think that is true, I think that I am just “open” to change. There is a difference. I don’t think we should go around changing things just to be changing things. If the change does not bring about a good result then why change. In the same way, I am not afraid to say that something doesn’t work and to change again. But, you know, you can never really go back. Once something has been changed it cannot be made to go back to its exact original state (think of a road map…). Generally when we start trying to go backwards, we do just that, we lose ground.

I think that our entire lives should be spent learning and evolving. If our children quit growing and “changing” sizes and maturity levels we would be very concerned for them. Do you think our heavenly Father is any less concerned with us when we don’t grow and change? How it must hurt him when we even stomp our feet and refuse to change. What are we really afraid of?


**BTW I am open to suggestions for a new hair style**

Comments:
I too am seeking a new "do". I've worn my hair in a similar variation of the same style of many years. It's been updated and keeped "current" but I want something else. I wear my hair short, so instead of the instant satisfaction of chopping it off, I will have to endure the long process of growing out. Also had a friend who saw my hair wet after I got out of the shower this weekend and she was so sweet as to comment on how my gray hair REALLY shows up when my hair is wet. Thanks, I needed that little bit of encouragment. I feel like an old gray headed hag.
 
I chopped mine to chin length & I love it! I part it on the side, so there's no annoying bangs (I hate bangs) Maybe experiment with color - I also dyed mine a reddish-brown. I AM addicted to changing my hair - I grow it out, then chop it, then grow it out again. My theory: it's just hair...a "safe" way to get a change...and it always grows back, so if you don't like it, you can just change it again!
 
Excuse the off-topic comment ... but although I didn't comment on your "Fish in Water" post from last week ... I can't tell you how much time I've spent contemplating that analogy! So, I appreciate it.

-- Bobby
 
Five years ago my hair was past my shoulders and then I decided to chop if off. I hated having to blow dry it for special nights out. Now it's usually dry by the time I'm dressed. And I love it but less then an inch hair might make you look a little different.
 
Please post a picture when you get your new *do*!

You have a great attitude about change--I believe you are right--and I am working on getting there. Change is hard for me--harder in some areas than others!
 
I'm kind of like you Donna, I like change. I had my hair short and shorter and shorter(after many years of long hair). Then about 3 years ago I got tired of always going to the haridresser and debating over whether to grow it out or go with a new cut. So I grew it out and I enjoyed it for a while, but fairly short is nice too. One of my favorite do's was when I had this short messy hair. I just blew it dry and put some goup in it and went. It was great!

Yeah, post a pic when you get it!
 
I don't know if you have a favorite hairstylist or if you're looking to make a "change". But I REALLY recommend Emily at Hair Dynamics. I've sent 4 different friends there, and they all love her. I go in and just tell her to "fix me", and let her be creative. She's so good at finding flattering colors/styles. She always runs it past me first and then does her thing. She's very meticulous with her work,and her prices are quite reasonable, too. I've been going there for about 4 years.

Just an idea . . .
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?