Monday, February 27, 2006

Finding my Sweet Spot

This may sound a little strange coming from a Church of Christ girl, but I am looking forward to Lent. I have “given” things up before in a half hearted attempt to “do Lent” but I have never studied it and actually developed Christian disciplines as a part of the season. I know that our tradition does not formally participate in this, but that don’t make it a bad ideal. Anytime you devote 40 days of your life to getting closer to Jesus and celebrating his sacrifice for you it has got to be a good thing. I doubt that I will post the details of my Lent disciplines, but I will be glad to share them with you by e-mail if you care to know.

Don’t forget our “Blogger’s Day of Prayer” this Wednesday. Tomorrow is request day, so if you have prayer request you can post them as a response to a “Request Post” I will put up tomorrow or you can post them on your own blog or on Albone’s blog. Let’s join hearts Wednesday and appeal to our Father as a group.

This weekend I was praying for God to show me how he wanted me to serve him. As I was praying this visions of my family kept coming to my mind. I think God was telling me that my husband, my daughter and her family, my son and his family, my Mom & Dad and my Mother-in-law (not to mention my Aunt and Uncle) all need me. There will be times when I can still be involved in other acts of service, but I don’t think there is anything wrong with me making this a priority in my life. I shared this thought with a good friend this weekend and my feelings were validated in such a kind and thoughtful way. I know that there may be many needs to arise and many opportunities to be Jesus in my world, but no one would respect me if I helped others and neglected my own family.

Speaking of family, below are my boys in their Japaneese head-bands David brought them from Japan. Picture the all saying “Hey-Yah”





Comments:
Sounds like God is keeping you in balance. Good to hear. Now I'll work on mine. . . .
 
There are many different seasons to life - enjoy ths new season!
(The boys look sooo cute!)
 
Hi friend, I'm catching up on your blog after a few days away. Love the new look, and it is neat to see a picture of you after feeling like I know ya! You are beautiful.

Love the prayer day idea from Albone. It's ironic for me that it's tomorrow, and I'll post about it then. Thanks!

And I'd love the e-mails on your lent experiences.
 
That cute Matthew is getting so big! I agree there is a time to take a step back and take care of those God gave you first. Enjoy this time! :)
 
I finally remembered Lent last year, so I want to make it a yearly practice. It's funny, cause I'll tell some people, but won't tell others. I told one guy and he said he's a believer, but he doesn't practice lent (or go to church). I said, you don't have to practice Lent without going into my own religious traditions.

Such a cutie-pie!
 
I join you in your observance of lent!
 
That is a tough looking bunch you have there! It sounds like you are doing some quality thinking and praying there. God is good. He will show you the way.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?