Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Fish in Water

I am a fish.

I am tired of swimming in this aquarium. I know that there are better waters out there. But all of my life I have been told that if you were swimming anywhere else you were not really a fish. I know now that is not true. I have met many fish who swim in other waters…and trust me, they are FISH!

My problem is that I have been so preoccupied with swimming in new waters that I have quit enjoying swimming. Swimming is what my life is all about, but I have been distracted by my determination to find better waters to swim in. It has robbed me of the sheer joy to be found in swimming.

It is time for me to quit looking for bluer waters to swim in and just swim. After all I am a fish.

Comments:
But what kind of fish are you? Sharks HAVE to keep swimming or they'll sink - that's why they don't sleep either - they don't have the luxury of having an air balloon inside of them. Maybe it's time to get an air balloon inside & relax & enjoy the swim for a bit.

Happy swimming!!!
 
I enjoy your analogies so much. If I get your drift, I am going to be changing aquariums soon. That was the change post on my blog. Keep swimming and make sure you know the difference between food and bait.
 
Fish food for thought...
 
I think it was the desert fathers who made this comment. As he was traveling along visiting with people about their faith journey he heard of an old women who had never left her house and he said how can you grow if you never leave your room, her comment is I am on a journey inside my own fishbowl.
 
"Just keep swimming...just keep swimming!" Dory the Fish
 
Sometimes the water is clearer on the other side.
 
Just swim, Girl. Just swim the best you can and make the Boss happy.
 
SG - you read my mind. I can quote just about all of Dory's lines. She is my all-time favorite!
 
yeah, Stephanie - I was stuck singing that song AND "Somewhere Beyond the Sea" all night long. In fact, they're STILL on my mind!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?