Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sickly Super Sunday

It has obviously been a mild winter. I put on a coat yesterday for the first time in a while and found $13.00!! I love to find money.

I worked at our local Home and Garden Show yesterday and met two men who had at least for a time had no TV in their house. One of the men had not had one in 35 years! He told of how his three children lamented what they would tell their friends. I respect him for sticking to his resolve. I just wonder if I could do it. I think for the most part the things I do watch on TV are more good than bad, but would I be willing to give it up? Would you?

I am “sick and tired” of being sick. I had to leave the office again on Friday, feeling awful! I guess that will teach me to question why people go to the Doctor so much. I almost relented and went to see the Dr., but then the good ER Doc that attends our church agreed to call me in a Z-pack. Gotta love that. Anyway, I must put on my happy face and pretend I feel good long enough to get through this baby shower today. Then maybe I can go home put on some sweat clothes and sleep in front of the Super Bowl. Maybe I can wake up long enough to watch Mick and the boys (and I said I watch good stuff on TV!!)

Happy Super Sunday!

Comments:
HAH and I are at home this morning battling colds. I hope you can enjoy the babies' shower!!! Feel better and enjoy the z-pack.
 
You need to keep a good stash of drugs around.

I went six weeks without TV for lent one year. No March Madness, etc. I spent six weeks in scripture and it was probably the most purifing six weeks I have ever spent.
 
When I was five I found $20.00 dollars in the gutter.


My Mom started calling her purse the gutter from that point on.
 
I gave up TV for a month in high school. It was a really good time. Then I've given up TV recently just because mine broke and I wasn't ready to buy another one. It was a really good experience. My niece (7) decided one time that she was going to give up TV like her aunt Jana did. She lasted the morning :) I told her we would have to try it again sometime because you find all sorts of other things to occupy your time.

There are a few shows that I enjoy, but I could definitely go without it again.
 
Hope you get to feeling better. If I gave up TV, I would probably go to the movies all the time.
 
They say after you drop below 15% body fat that your body is weakened against common colds. So I recommend you keep the warm body buddy and enjoy life. TV has very little place in my life, although I haven't given it up, some days I don't turn it on. Reading is my new TV.
Hope you feel better.
BT
 
ok,so now that I am hooked on "24" there is all this talk about giving up tv? I hope you feel better soon....
 
I am a very unusual person I'll be the first to admit! But I just don't like t.v. It gives me a headache. Now, internet and blogging. That's where I am inclined to hang out!
 
I may as well give up TV until Alias comes back on!!! We finally got caught up on all the seasons, started watching it "live" every week & then it goes into hiatus & will be over this season anyway! We're thinking of watching '24' next, but we like to rent DVDs. We can't wait a whole week between episodes anymore (we're so impatient!!!)
 
Hope you feel better!!!
I only watch TV one night a week so I don't plan on giving it up. In fact sometimes I forget to watch it that night!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?