Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Taxing....

I am working on my taxes. Looking back at my contributions during the year reminds me of a lot of things that have gone on. I know that I have been blessed and am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to help other people through my blessings. There have been many not so blessed; from the Tsunami at the first of the year to the hurricanes at the end of the year. I have friends that have dealt with untimely death, divorce and opportunities to go on mission trips. I was able to help those who have raised money for cancer and hunger for others (40 Days of Fat!). In all of these cases I feel very blessed to have been able to give

Wouldn’t it be great if we could get a receipt when we acted kind or helped someone in other ways than with money? Wouldn’t it be nice to add it all up at the end of the year, not to enhance a refund (I hope, I hope) but to just evaluate how much we are being like Jesus? I just wonder if our contributions would exceed our withdrawals. In other words have we served more or been served more. In my life, those who have served me have been such a blessing and I know my account is probably in the red.

This year I would like to give more of myself. Not that I am trying to be “saved by works” but because I want to be a profitable servant for Jesus. I want folks to look at my life and not have to wonder if I am producing fruit. How about it? You want to start an account?

Comments:
LOL--Terri, I'm glad it's not about having people in my home, too. My home is kind of my refuge. Missed you, Donna.

I'm ready to start an account. Guess I need to pray for a few more opportunities. My problem I have with that is cringing at the opportunities I'm given, because when I receive that opportunity, it seems I always get the ones that are so hard to show love to--KWIM? But I guess I will just have to bite the bullet and remember all that has been done for me.
 
Hey--I miss your little tennis girl at the bottom.
 
I don't care about keeping records...I am not a detail person. I do want to show kindness in the most unexpected ways, times, and places. I love surprising people with random acts of kindness. It kind of freaks them out sometimes.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?