Monday, February 20, 2006

Why don't you just ask?

We had another good visit to the Doctor today. (I do believe that it has rained every Monday but one since the first of the year) The babies were being a little shy. We tried to get pictures of their faces but baby A was too low in the pelvic region to see her face. Baby B had his arm thrown over his face, but we got a nice shot of his ear. Baby C finally gave us a little profile shot, but her head was pretty far into Diana’s back. Don’t it make you hurt to just think about all of that? She is doing great. We had a little shower/luncheon at the office when we returned. She has been so blessed to receive so many wonderful gifts. We are all very appreciative.


Do you ever find yourself really struggling with something or someone and you just don’t really know what to do? This weekend I was studying the Sermon on the Mount from a different angle. Matthew 7: 7-8 jumped out at me.

Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Why do I struggle so much? Why don’t I give it to God? Generally when I do… I find answers; if not a solution then the peace to deal with whatever I am facing. Sometimes we treat prayer as a last resort and thus limit its true power. The things and the people I struggle with may be too much for me to “handle”. But if I will ask my Father he can handle it with no problem. He re-emphasizes this point in verse 11.

If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him

Thank you God! Forgive me for waiting so long to ask.

Comments:
I was just reading that passage this weekend too! I agree with Meredith; sometimes (ok who am I kidding-alot) of the time it's hard for me to truly surrender-to totally let go and give it to God.

It amazes me that one woman can carry 3 good size babies inside her! I'm sure she's more than ready to welcome them into the world!
 
Is it always a faith issue. And not one created by God but one we create ourselves. Not trusting, focusing on human tendencies and questioning our own desires. God has all that figured out before hand, he knows are hearts it should be a simple request knowing as Paul writes in Romans 8:6 "Likewise the Spirit helps us in our weakness; for we do not know how to pray as we ought, but that very Spirit intercedes with sighs too deep for words"
 
It sounds so simple to ask, and it is. The hard part comes in waiting for the answer sometimes. You make a good point that God can send peace in the midst of our struggles.

Thanks for the reminder to ask - I don't know why I forget to do this as often as I do!
 
He wants us to ask. He wants us to realize how much we need him. It isn't supposed to be easy!
 
Ouch, Khris. I don't think that I have been very silver this week.

I'm guilty of not giving things to God, too, and worrying myself to death about them.

Thanks for the reminders, y'all.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?