Friday, March 31, 2006

Crazy is as Crazy Does...

You know they say that the definition of insanity is doing the same old things the same old ways and expecting different results. I have seen people that make mistakes or just lapses in judgment and then seem totally surprised that they are right back in trouble when they “do it” again.

But to be fair I think God blesses us with the ability to forget. Sometimes we would never try to do good things again if we remembered all of our failures. So while we can be hard on people for repeating mistakes in their lives we should also be thankful that we have the ability to persevere through trials to try new things or old things in new ways.

Last night I fit it into the first category. I developed a bit of a Diet Mt. Dew addiction from my time spent at UAB. As we left the hospital last night I grabbed a nice cold Diet Mt. Dew on the way out. This probably would not have been so bad, I think I can assimilate 20 ounces of caffeine laced drink and still be able to sleep. BUT, when David dropped me at my car I went to Wal-Mart. Not really thinking about it being 9:00 p.m. and that I had already had one tonight, I grabbed a Diet Mt. Dew at the check out counter. As I watched the top of each hour click off I pondered my folly and vowed to not repeat this behavior. But as I lay there I remembered that I had made this mistake before, so I guess that all of you who have declared that “Donna is crazy” were right!

Comments:
Bless your heart, Donna! No fun. I have done that very same thing and watched the clock click closer and closer to 4:30am as I tossed and turned. Hope you get better sleep tonight. It's FRIDAY!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?