Friday, March 17, 2006

Friday's Follies...

Diana is much better. She had a rough morning yesterday but started feeling better around lunch time. Of course she is extremely sore, but she looks and acts like herself now.

The babies are doing great. Both of the girls have mature lungs and are eating good (did you know they used itty-bitty feeding tubes on preemies?....me either). Little Eli is eating twice as much as the girls but his lungs are not quite mature. They say this is common in boys. I told my husband they were expending all their energy trying to develop "other parts". He is doing much better today though. They still have him on some oxygen, but it is just in the isolette and not direct to his nose or mouth.

It is hard to look at those little bitty bundles of joy and know that they were crammed inside of Diana a few days ago, and that we will be taking them home in a few weeks! So much to digest. I think that UAB is a state of the art hospital and I know that they are all getting great care; however, I will be glad to put that daily trip out of my life.

I am so tired. I don't have anything profound or even interesting to say. Give me a break, I suddenly have FOUR grandkids! I have been able to read your comments through my e-mail, and I have been able to check a few blogs from time to time. (the Palm Treo is a tempermental and somewhat slow way to check the internet). Thank you again for all your well wishes. I hope to be back as a regular in blog-land soon.




Diana, Donna and Alissa.

(No favortism here, she was just the one Diana got to hold when Terri was there to make a picture!)

Comments:
Glad Diana is feeling better--the picture is great!
 
Glad everyone is well. Enjoy the help in the hospital while you can.
 
Dang guys and their big ears. Praise for all the blessings. Glad Diana is feeling better.
 
I can't imagine how tired you must be!

My sister was born at UAB. I remember coming to see her in the hospital when I was 5 years old.

Get some rest!
 
Lookin' good!
 
Some pictures you need to make sure to get before they start changing. It may sound weird, but they will be priceless later on.
Close ups-really close up of each of their hands, feet and faces. Try to get them laid on the bed with all their feet touching. Try to get all three little heads in one picture. Get a close up with them holding on to someone's finger (preferably Diana's) while they are soooo tiny.
Best photo advice I can give right now, USE THAT ZOOM! Make sure you zoom in as tight as you can. When you think you've zoomed enough, zoom in a bit more.CLOSE CLOSE CLOSE!
I'd like to give you a gift. If someone will get me all the pictures you are taking, I'll put them together in a DVD slide show. You can get my email through Terri or my website and I'll give you details if you are interested.
 
Yes let the hospital staff do as much as possible over the next few weeks and save yourselves for the time when you all go home and they won't be around. I considered my post delivery room a little baby honeymoon suite of sorts. Being in the hospital let me recover and ease into being a mom so that when we went home I was ready(Well as ready as any new Mom can be!:)
They are so precious! Love the picture! Both sets of Mothers and daughters look very happy! :)
 
congratulations, the babies all look wonderful! Loved the three generation picture. Hope you all get some rest as things will start hopping once they all come home. Blessings to all of you!
 
What's up? Momma about to go home?
 
You all remain in our thoughts and prayers. Love the picture! Hope you can get some rest.
 
So sweet!

I'm so glad Diana's feeling some better. What an adventure you've all been on!

Missing you all at church . . .
: )
 
Praise God! Enjoy the hospital time with all the extra hands to help. I'm praying that you all get some rest and that Diana continues to heal.

That's a sweet, sweet picture!
 
Wonderful pictures and I'm so happy everyone is coming along.

Treos can be a pain.
 
Could you be smiling any wider????
I love seeing & hearing about the joy that you & Diana are sharing through this experience. You're a great mom!!!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?