Thursday, March 30, 2006

The good, the bad and the beautiful

No pain no gain! Take lemons and make lemonade….you know we have a lot of clichés for taking the bad to get the good. I guess that is because even the best days have shadows. I just choose not to dwell in the shadows, but to enjoy the good things that God has blessed me with in my life.

Yesterday I picked Diana up early. I was going to drop her off at the hospital while I was playing tennis in Birmingham and then go back and spend the afternoon with her and the babies. However, we did not plan on the tractor-trailer rig that had caught fire at 3:00 in the morning still having interstate traffic at a crawl. We spent two hours making a trip that usually takes 20 minutes. She ended up dropping me at the tennis courts and having to come back and get me later. That cut into both of our time with the babies, but what we did get to spend was all good.

The weather was perfect for tennis. I even got a little bit sunburned. I hated being rushed when I first got there, but it ended up being a lot of fun. I was not able to claim victory in singles or in doubles, but it was a beautiful day, and I played well, so I don’t mind.

Then getting to see the sweet babies after missing the last two days was great. They are so sweet and such little miracles. I just love to touch them and hold them and take their pictures….

After I took Diana home I stopped by to see Matthew. We played in the sandbox and we played Batman! He is such a bundle of energy right now. I just love spending time with him.

Then it was time to meet with the sisters at church after missing the last several Wednesday nights. It was good to see everyone and spend some time talking about our spiritual walk and praying for each other.

So I think it was a great day! A perfect day? No! But a great day….YES!

Thank you Lord blessing me more than I deserve and more than I can even appreciate. Help me to be a blessing to others in return.

Comments:
Hi, I saw your blog listed on the blog of our mutual friend, John Dobbs. I am new to the blogshere and thought I would check yours out. Very well done!
 
The babies are precious! I'm glad you had a good though not perfect day!
 
Glad all of your grandkids and the new mama and grandmama are doing well.
 
Love the new pics!!! Those babies are sooo precious! I love the little clothes they have on too - what a great ministry that church is providing by making those!
 
Do you ever work? I say this as I finish up my round of golf.
 
20 minutes to B'ham? What route do you fly??? You do know not to fly through Hance Vegas, don't you?

Those babies are such blessings--even just looking at the pictures. Thanks so much for sharing. I miss when mine were tiny . . .
 
Heck, who needs a perfect day? I am just glad to survive it!
 
Beautiful babies! You must be beaming!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?