Monday, March 20, 2006

Manic Monday

Diana went home yesterday. She is feeling pretty good. We are going to see the babies in about 30 minutes. I am trying to get caught up at work. I have resigned myself to the fact that I will never catch up on blogs. I will just have to pick up anew.

Yesterday I chose to go the race with Terri. As you all know by now we were rained out.

Many people questioned my choice of going to the race on the day Diana was to be released from the hospital. I felt like it was a good day since both Joseph and David were available to help her. I have been there for her on the days that nobody else could be.

It reminds me of many things in life that are neither right or wrong, but just a matter of choice. We can criticize others or we can support them. I can assure you that if most people are like me, they do not respond real well to the criticism. However, if you support me, even if you think I am wrong, I will give some consideration to your opinion.

I think that when we try to force our opinions on others when they are obviously just that,OPINIONS, we build a wall between us and other people. Maybe like me you need to be reminded of this.

Comments:
yeah, but my opinions are RIGHT!
 
I'm glad you got to spend some time with Terri away from the hospital. It was probably good for you and Diana! It truly is wise to take a break from time to time as you know you will be really needed when the little ones come home! Hope all is well at the hospital! :) AND don't worry about catching up!
 
Getting some time away good decision. though the company you keep. Well...
 
Just watched the video of my daughter's birth with her. It seems soooo long ago (5 yrs.) My son was 2 & he was the cutest thing EVER! The time goes by so quickly!!! I'm glad that you've got those blogs for Matthew's pics & the triplets pics - they will be such a treasure to your grandkids when they are older!
We've decided to have a family movie night tonight & watch all the videos of our kids when they were babies & toddlers - should be fun!
 
I'm with you. Although when I give unsolicited opinions, I usually try to qualify it with "...not that it's any of my business."

Glad everyone is well and Diana is feeling better!
 
I think it was good for you to have a little time away .... I know that even when I NEED my mother, sometimes she makes me crazy and just a LITTLE bit of time away makes the time together sooo much sweeter. Sorry you were rained out, though!!
 
Of anyone who deserved a break and some away time it was you!
Glad you took it and got to spend quality sister time with TL!
 
I totally support you--and I don't think you were at all wrong--sounds like Diana had plenty of help and support--and you have been so good to be with her the last few weeks--and I am sure you will have plenty opportunity to help her much more in the future!
 
Was it Nascar, Terri, Daughter or Terri, Nascar, Daughter. Just kidding. You spent a lot of time at the hospital and there is nothing wrong with taking a break. You don't have to be there for every moment.
 
It sounds like you made a great decision to me. Some time to refresh pays great dividends to everyone involved!
 
Just tell them to shove it. I'm all about being up front and not beating around the bush... for others, esp!!! :)

Friggin' rain delay.
 
If you soar with the eagles you don't have to worry about them turkeys down below! You dun good. You have been at the hospital for days and days. You deserve a break! They had it covered!
 
((hugs))
You don't have to justify yourself to anyone here. We know how much love and support you've given your daughter. You just can't please everybody all the time. And besides, like Jenni said, mothers and daughters need time apart too. This will be a good time for your daughter and husband to spend with their new little blessing. New mommas and daddies need that too. Smile, pull those shoulders back and know in your heart you did the right thing.
Cheers! : )
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?