Friday, March 24, 2006

On the Sunny Side

This morning the sun was shining when I came out of the gym. 6:15 and sunny, not dark! Hoorah! At last! I can even bear the 34° temperature when the sun is shining.

I was a little amazed at what a good mood it put me in. I almost skipped to my car (well, I thought about it). I truly felt that the promise of spring was in the air.

Then I got to the traffic lights that I routinely run in the mornings, in the dark. Somehow it didn’t seem like the right thing to do in the bright sunlight. Was it that I think I can see cars coming in the dark with their lights on? Did I think more people could see me in the light of day? I really don’t know what the difference was, but I do know that behavior that I thought was OK in the darkness did not feel “right” in the light of day. Hmmm, I think I may have read that somewhere before.

Comments:
I have started every day this week in the best mood because it is light outside!

I have been waking up between 6 and 6:30, having a cup of coffee, talking with Bryon, and getting ready for the day before the kids are up.

Why must daylight savings ruin that next week?
 
Elizabeth - I envy you - my kids have been getting up at 5:45 BECAUSE if the light - I'm looking forward to next week!

Good reminder to live in the light Donna!
 
hello from paducah ky

i am new to your blog yesterday and thought i would comment and let you know i am a reader not a lurker

i think the bible says something about exposure to the light forces out evil>thank you for sunlight and brightness father! and cars that don"t run red lights whatever the rationale!
 
...Well, just to be clear, I do treat those lights like a Stop Sign in the mornings when I run them.... I look both ways, there is just not any traffic at that time of day....

But, I will be more careful!
 
that's like using turn signals (or as I learned to call them "blinkers") in a small town there is no need everybody knows where your going.

Same for "red lights"
 
Better be careful I bet Cullman has those traffic cameras. Well we sure do. Isn't God's Eye Watching Us Every Moment?
 
Rob and I have both seen cops run red lights downtown at 3:30am (paper route) for no reason other than there is no one to stop for.

I like light in the morning. I really wish there was no such thing as daylight savings time. :)
 
I has been wierd driving to work in daylight now that you mention it. I saw this big orange ball on the horizon this morning. It was cute. I wondered what it was.

I am glad you were perky this morning! It is good to have days like that!
 
LOL Donna, don't try that in Hance Vegas--they live for that sort of thing! ; )

And you bet I've noticed the longer days. With my 6p-6a schedule, it's nice to drive to work and drive home with the sunshine. : )

"Let the sunshine in, let the sunshine in, the sunshine in!"
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?