Saturday, March 25, 2006

Reading

I always need to be reading, but it is hard for me to concentrate for very long right now. Fortunately I received the other two Henri Nouwen books I ordered this week. One of them is daily readings for Lent. I am behind but am picking up the readings and I will read the first weeks when I get a chance.

The other book is called the Inner Voice of Love. It reminds me a little of our daily blogs. He says he took these spiritual imperatives from his journal. Each topic is short but packed full of meaning. It is just what I needed right now.

I wonder if some day I could go back and pick through the things I post on my blog and find lessons that I have learned that would be worth sharing with others.....Food for thought.


Here is the last paragrah (5 of 5) of a chapter called Know Yourself as Truly Loved.

The more you come to know yourself-spirit, mind, and body-as truly loved, the freer you will be to proclaim the good news. That is the freedom of the children of God.

Good stuff! Don't you think?

Comments:
Another great quote, Donna. There is a powerful lesson in accepting ourselves the way God made us and then getting outside of ourselves to love others. Keep reading and sharing. It is helpful.
 
Donna the inner voice book is just kicking my tail. Is it true we cry out to God in our deepest pain? I spent too much time angry that I did not enjoy the things God was telling me for a good year.
 
That is a great book (and meant to be digested slowly I might add!). There are so many things in there I wish I could remember but forget.

Glad you're bloggin again!
 
Donna, I think gathering up those lessons you've learned and sharing them with others is a great idea. God gives us all special gifts, and your gift of speaking in a way that others can relate to is definitely God-given. : )
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?